Monday, February 25, 2008

Is It Me?

Moooonday Mondaaaaaaaaaaaay... sooo good to meeeee..
Moooonday Mondaaaaaaaaaaaay... it was all I hoped it would beeeeeee..

Yes, I've totally lost my mind. Ya'll knew it was going to happen eventually.

I spent the weekend alternately working on the new project and sleeping. I'm not sure if it's hormones, various ailments or just laziness, but I slept alot. I could sleep some more. Like.. right now.

That probably wouldn't be wise.

Bossman showed up this morning with a big, red skinned patch on his bald little head. When I asked him about it (I had to ask) he smiled and said it was a golfing accident. My imagination has been running wild with possible scenarios all morning.

Bubbles showed up thirty minutes late, didn't bother to call, then spent the next hour on the phone with her parents, Bubbahubby's parents and her one girlfriend. At first I thought someone had died, but later learned that no, the earth shattering news that was bringing civilization to a screeching halt was that Precious the elder got up with a belly ache this morning.

The horror.

Bubbles then called the elementary school, had Precious the elder brought to the office so that she could interrogate her on the phone.

"Is it still hurting? Do you feel like you're going to throw up? If you feel worse you just tell Mommy and I'll come get you. Are you sure it doesn't hurt now? Do you want me to come get you? It's up to you honey, Mommy will come get you if you want? Are you sure you're okay? Now you call me if you decide you want me to come get you. You have them page me and say it's an emergency."

No lie. If Precious is that sick, why did she take her to school? And what's this "it's up to you" bullcrap? The child is in the second grade. Granted, Precious the elder is the most mature acting person in that household, but sheesh.

I'm not a hard ass.. honest. I worried over the Amazon when she was little, hell I worry over her now. Ya'll tell me if I'm wrong (I can take it) but isn't this just a tad bit over the top with the mellow dramatic, attention getting stuff?

I've been thinking alot about Bubbles and the situation in this office lately. There are things that I didn't tell ya'll, things that came to light a few months back. Things that rubbed me raw. In the next few days I'll attempt to share those things with you. It has to do with Babs, Bubbles predecessor and how Bubbles manipulated the GM, me and Thelma to get Babs fired and herself rehired.

The person I thought was my good friend, someone I admired and couldn't wait to work with again turned out to be the most manipulative, underhanded backstabber I'd ever met.

Anywho, right now I've got stuff piled up all over my desk, I'd better get it in gear.

Ya'll make it a good Monday, it only comes once a week.

Later Taters.

12 comments:

KG said...

I bet your boss went golfing with Dick Cheney.

KG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sounds like Bubbles wants the day off. I bet Precious hasn't got any bellyache. Sheesh. Nice try Bubbles!! Mother of the Year material right there!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I don't even know the whole story but I had a coworker like that! Weird.

tiff said...

Bubbles is whacked, man.

Anonymous said...

How can you leave us with that kind of ciffhanger!?

Leaking Moonlight said...

Stopping by to say hey. And to tell you that I sure am intrigued by the plot (grits?) thickening.

(I came from a little tiny Southern town. We all had the same car mechanic, gyn, etcetera, ectcetera. I'm guessing you don't have to imagine.)

Mahala said...

Ya'll will be shocked to learn that Bubbles had to leave suddenly at 2pm.

*snort*

Jeni said...

I agree completely with every single reason the folks above have given for Bubbles behavior today - especially loved the comment on the Boss man's patch on his bald head -golfing with Dick Cheney! That was a great one, not just a good one!Now see -who suggested Bubbles wanted to leave early? Correct answer for sure!

kenju said...

I am SO glad I don't work with anyone like that!

BetteJo said...

Yep, Bubbles wanted to have a reason to leave. Gasp!! She left early???? NO-O-O-O!!!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

Travel said...

Your boss reminds me of an old golfing joke about a man and a woman on a golf course. They hit off into a cow pasture. He finds a ball stuck into the south bound end of a north bound cow, holds the cows tail up, and says to his golfing companion, "looks like yours."

DG