Friday, June 29, 2007

The Legacy of Babs

I think it's finally happened. I've become the least popular person in the building at the Cubicle Asylum.

Those of you who have been around for a while may remember that prior to Bubbles, there was Babs. When I say that Babs was a little nuts, I don't make the statement through my observations alone, she'd actually been a resident of the state "nervous hospital" after being found naked and methed out of her head in the briar patch down by the road that leads out to the state line. I think it's an understatement to say that Babs and I had our differences or even that we didn't get along, but this had nothing to do with the eventual termination of her employment. She was fired because she was late every day, when she bothered to show up at all and Bossman finally got fed up with it.

To complicate matters, Babs' mother also works at the Asylum. Since Babs' employment was ended, Babs' mother has refused to speak to me, because in her warped up little mind it's somehow my fault that her precious youngin couldn't get her triflin' hind end out of bed and carry it in to work on a regular basis. Maw Babs will look me straight in the eye, turn her nose up and walk by, even when I speak to her first, this has been going on for about two years.

Ahhhh crudmuffins. I'm out of time. I'll have to continue this when I get home from work.

Ya'll just hold that thought.

1 comment:

kenju said...

I hit the pause button.....