Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Meanwhile, Back At the Trailer...

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think this is the first night I've been completely off from my night job taking calls for the "Super Fabulous Over Priced Crap On A Payment Plan That You Can Prolly Get From Wally World For About A Third Of The Cost" channel. I had intended to come home, fix a little dinner, then get busy moving furniture.

After work, I stopped at the dollar store for some cornbread mix (cravings.. don't judge me) and when I punched in my pin number at the register, I accidentally hit two buttons at once. "Ut oh, gotta watch those long nails," commented the slightly hairy cashier dude.

They do look pretty hideous. I'm praying I can hold out until at least Friday to get them done. The craptacular dark bluey-purpley hue looked awesome for a day or two, but now it's just tacky.

Once home, I poured some organic veggie stock in to a pot, added some carrots, celery, onion, corn, peas, noodles and mushrooms for soup. I whipped up the cornbread mix, threw it in the stove and stretched my legs out in the bedroom for a little while.

I mentally rearranged the furniture a few times, ate my soup, rested and finally worked up the gumption to go out on the porch and start wallerin' the desk in the door.

I don't think I even put my hands on the desk before I decided that:

  1. It's too cold
  2. It's too late
  3. It's too heavy
  4. I'm too lazy and full of soup
  5. It can wait 'til Friday when The Amazon is home.
Of course, between setting up my Old Lady Craft Corner, filling boxes with stuff to take to Goodwill, laundry and miscellaneous furbaby duties, there are plenty of things I need to be doing.

But I think I'll just rest up. For bed. Sounds like a plan.

We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

Sounds like the same plan I have! Great minds ...