Monday, April 11, 2011

It's like The Stepford Wives, Without the Wife Part

It's after midnight on Sunday here in the holler, meaning it's actually Monday, but that would just be way too sucktacular, so we'll just try not to think about it, kay?

It's been a busy weekend. After work on Friday I cranked up my new lawn mower, I named it Tyrone.. my personal trainer... and mowed, chopped and mulched everything that dared rear it's little chlorophylled head in my path. I had a little more to do on Saturday and when I was finished, I found myself peeking out of the kitchen window, admiring my accomplishments for the rest of the day.

That's a big assed yard to be cutting with a push mower ya'll.

My plan (and that right there should be your first clue that the following did not happen) was to stop at Lowe's to buy that tiller (Tyrone gets lonely on the porch all alone) after I did the hunting and gathering, but I woke up this morning to find that Aunt Flo had stopped by in the middle of the night and had brought along her cousins Oma Achingback and Crampastella. It was all I could do to get through the wally world without impaling a screaming kid with a chocolate easter bunny.

Diabetes and PMS are a dangerous combination. If I can't have chocolate... NO ONE ELSE WILL.

*cough*

Also this weekend, I made my own laundry detergent and dishwasher soap (clearly I've been watching too many of those uber fertile religious wimmens on TLC,) made my own sew-in labels for the pillow covers in my Etsy shop and some complimentary refrigerator magnets to send out with the packaging.

Sweet baby Jesus... someone stop me.

The other day I caught myself watching a craft show on BYU (that's Brigham Young University... you know.. The Mormon channel) and we won't even discuss my obsession with Sister Wives.

As we speak there's a crock pot full of steel cut oats with cherries, almonds and flax seed on the kitchen counter, which I'll separate out into individual containers before placing them in the fridge in the morning.

WHAT THE HELL?

I think I'm gonna go crank up some Ozzy.. maybe AC/DC. I need to reprogram my brain. Something.

Ya'll have a killer week. We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!!



Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

tiff said...

there's nothing at all wrong with you - it's Spring and we all go a little crazy.

Cricket said...

Those pillow shams are *gorgeous*, and if I could afford it, I'd clean out your shop. *sigh*

And from a health note, I just found out something that might help you as well. Have your doctor check your vitamin D levels. Vitamin D ties in with all sorts of health conditions since it metabolizes into a hormone in order for us to use it. Diabetes is just one of the many, many conditions that can be exacerbated by vitamin D deficiency. I found out mine was extremely low, and started taking 6000 IU; immediate improvement in so many things, especially my blood sugar. If you want more information (or want to tell me to shut up :) ), feel free to shoot me an email! Sending lots of good thoughts to you!

kenju said...

Cricket is right. Hope this week is better for you.

Mahala said...

Thanks guys :) When I was diagnosed back in February and decided to get my act together, I started taking a ginormous mulitvitamin. I had watched a documentary (I love my docs) with Dr. Weil (the bald health food dude with the beard) and he talked about vitamin D and how the lack of it affects our health. I know Ma has to take it twice a week.

I think my sugar is under control, I'm getting retested in June. I know I feel like a different person :)

Significant Snail said...

OMG! Stop before you make the rest of us look bad...oh wait, you already did! Look at you, uber-woman, doing it all and then some. I had high hopes this weekend but after a rough start I was happy just to get a couple things done...

BetteJo said...

Okay so, about those sister wives. I think if I ever allow myself to get married again (not likely) I want to be a sister wife. Not the cult like type who marry little girls. But I wanna be one with a few girls I could hang with and do crafts, and shop with. Oh, and share a husband with. See - I have limited use for a husband, so I wouldn't mind sharing some of his neediness with someone else, and still have him around to do some heavy lifting and yard work. Works for me!