Friday, March 25, 2011

Beef Knuckles and The Rub-A-Dub-Dub Man


Lawd have mercy. I have never been so thankful to see Friday get here.

Okay, so maybe I have.. like.. every Friday.. but you know what I mean.

We've been busy here at The Asylum, which is good. I'd rather be busy than sitting around with my thumb up my tushie trying to look like I'm needed. Bossholio is always happier when orders are coming in as well. It's like you can hear the little cash register "ka-ching!" playing in his head every morning when I hand him the sales report for the previous day.

He almost smiles.. sorta.. in his way.

My plans for the weekend include a little sewing, working on some jingly earrings and housework. With laundry. A metric butt load of laundry. I'm hoping I can get The Amazon to stop at the World O' Wally after work tomorrow to pick up a prescription for me and a USB card reader so I won't have to go out because Pupzilla ate the cable for my camera.

The brat dog has cost me a fortune in cables and ginormous beef knuckles. It's a good thing she's so damn cute.

Ma seems to have calmed down a bit for the time being. It comes and goes. Dr. Methuselah down at the Hee-Haw clinic treated her for a UTI when she told him she'd started talking to a man sleeping in her bathtub. Whether or not she actually had a UTI is beyond me, but either she's not seeing the rub-a-dub-dub man anymore or she's just not telling us.

My life. It's never boring.

And me? My funk seems to be lifting a bit. I've sorted out a way to get both a tiller and a lawn mower so that I can have that garden and I don't have to wait for Aunt Moses to take mercy on us and come mow our yard, so that's a load off. It'll mean more debt, but what the hell.

It used to bother me. Now I just pop a half a nervous pill and suddenly... it's no big deal.

Anywho...

I'd better get back to work before His Highness returns.

Ya'll have a good one. We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!!



Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the nervous pills. They make the world a much nicer place. Glad things are looking up some. Every little bit helps.

tiff said...

Sales ninja! Woot!

Ah, the nervous pills. Thank goodness for modern livin'!

kenju said...

I'm glad it's Friday too - although I was supposed to go to the beach this weekend and that was called off due to crappy weather. BAH.

I hope you have a good weekend!

kenju said...

I'm glad it's Friday too - although I was supposed to go to the beach this weekend and that was called off due to crappy weather. BAH.

I hope you have a good weekend!

BetteJo said...

My daughter's pup chewed up her iphone AND her glasses yesterday! If that doesn't turn her back into a cat person, I don't know what will.
Glad the nerve pills help, cause my mom talking to a man in her bathtub would sure make ME nervous!