It Ain't Shady Pines, But It'll Do

We've been under a freeze warning the past few mornings here in the holler. Hopefully it's the last real cold spell, I'd hate to be out cutting my grass in long johns and a parka.

Ma went to her noggin doc yesterday and apparently there's been a lot of discussion about nursing homes. I found out via text (with our schedules, it's either text or groggy 3 a.m. chit chat) that The Amazon is taking her to look at the less skeezy of the two homes here in Hee-Haw county tomorrow. Ma's noggin doc has her mom there so she seems to think it's A-OK.

I'm a little hurt that Ma is so gung ho to move to the home. I spent most of last night wringing my hands, snoozing off the affects of a nerve pill, blubbering like a fool and eating myself damned near sick... because that's what chubby girls do when they're stressed.

I'm not EVEN gonna log those calories on my fitness pal account.

Combined with hurt feelings and.. you know.. making it all about me... were fears about paying bills.. stressing out over whether or not the government is going to take the land (it's a Medicare/nursing home.. thing.. I'm not sure) and everything in the world I could possibly think of.

But today? Whatever. If that's where she wants to be, fine. I've done all I can do to please her. Whatever happens happens. I need to stop being so selfish, she'd be way better off somewhere where she doesn't have to be alone all the time anyway.

Anywho..

I'd better get back to work. I'm up to my hoo-ha in filing. Ya'll have a good one. We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!


Etsy
TatteredMare