Monday, January 17, 2011

Churnin' Snot and Shovelin' Snow

Let's jump right in and get caught up, shall we?

The snow is finally melting after two decent sized storms graced Frog Pond Holler this winter. I didn't mind it too much, the power never went out and Jolene's 4X4 got me everywhere I needed to go. I am becoming such a friggin mountain woman, popping it into four wheel drive and taking off through the mud, snow and muck without giving it a second thought.

Ma, for the most part, is doing pretty good. Her physical health is improving and she's started fixing her own breakfast, instead of depending on one of us to get it for her. I rigged up an old purse of mine on the side of her walker so that she can carry stuff around with her, making it easier for her to haul bottled water or packs of crackers around. She's stopped obsessing about her bed.. for now. She has mentioned that she would have been happier with a full sized bed instead of the twin she got, but I think we convinced her she wouldn't have room with her walker and stuff.

Don't get me wrong. She still gets on my last nerve, but it's better. At least she isn't making comments about wishing she'd suffocated me as an infant like she did when she was in the nut hut.

You can't take enough medication to undo what that chit does to your head. Seriously.

The Amazon is still working at the Pump N' Go and I'm still at The Asylum. We're both diligently searching for new jobs, although I'm still a little shell shocked after my last job interview. I'm almost afraid someone will actually call me.

I've been battling the black plague of death, decay and pestilence a cold since the day after Christmas. I finally gave in and went to the doctor last week. My regular doc wasn't in, so I had to see a 12 year old who looked like Opie Taylor.

He gave me antibiotics at least. I think I may live.

Oh yeah.. and my blood pressure was 160/98. No lie. That's with THREE blood pressure pills A DAY. I'm hoping it was just because I was out of batshitcrazy pills and hadn't slept for two days. No worries now though, I'm fully medicated and back to normal.

I think. I should probably get it checked.

I knew something was up when I woke up Thursday morning and felt like I was vibrating.

Anywho...

I'd better get back to work Bossholio is.. well.. he's Bossholio. Who knows what kind of mood he's in, he's always such a miserable bastard.

Ya'll have a good week! We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!




Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a lot to be said for being fully medicated. I know my family and co-workers prefer me that way. And Yeah, get that blood pressure checked. I always tell people that when I forget my bp drugs it feels like my head might explode. You wouldn't want at to happen for sure. It's just to darn messy.

Mahala said...

I go for my regular physical in a couple of weeks. I think I can hold out until then, unless I start vibrating again lol.

kenju said...

Knowing what I know about high BP and strokes, I wish you wouldn't wait!

Mahala said...

It's ok. The sudden BP surge was because I'd been off my other meds for three days. It's better now :) I can tell when it's all kittywampus. There's a reason they say not to stop taking it without tapering off.. apparently lol.

Unknown said...

If I don't take my BP meds at the same time every night I get that wonky just aint right feeling so I feel ya.
Thats pretty high though, I hope it's back down where it needs to be :)

BetteJo said...

Glad things are calming down. But yeah, please watch that BP. My dad had 2 strokes, absolutely not what I want to experience and I certainly don't wish it for you.

Oh, and 4 wheel drive? You would think everyone who lived in the Chicago area would have it seeing as we get a lot of snow. But now, some people prefer driving 15 miles an hour and fish-tailing when they stop. Sheesh.