Gettin' Green in the Holler

It's Monday morning at the Asylum, the coffee is hot, there's a nip in the air and I just finished scouring the job listings on all the major employment websites.

There ain't alot out there ya'll.

The big news in town this morning is the installation of a windmill up at the elementary school. I could see it from the house this morning as I was leaving, it's just a tiny thing, I don't see how it's going to generate much wind. I reckon we're fixin' to get all green down here in the holler.

Me and the Amazon have often entertained the idea of greening up the old trailer. There's a little place over in Big City, in that part of town where all the hippies congregate, swapping organic produce out of the backs of little Suburu hatchbacks, which sells solar panels and bamboo wood flooring. Entertaining the idea is all we can afford at the moment, but we're working on fixing that.

There's also alot of chatter about the October issue of a popular magazine that focuses on living down here in the south. You might want to check it out while you're standing in line at the grocery store. In the travel section, there's an article about a tiny town tucked away in the mountains, a town that might sound an awful lot like Frog Pond Holler.

Back at the trailer, we're back to medicating dogs. Sammy, the now not quite as hairless Boston Baked Beagle is on more stuff for his delicate skin condition. He's on a steady regimen of steroids, leading to alot of Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions and references to 'roid rage by me and the Amazon. He got down in the floor and played a bit the other night, something he's not done in years. It's nice to see him doing anything other than sleeping and gnawing on himself.

I swear, the dog probably thinks his name is "Sammystopscratching."

Anywho..

Before I leave you, I thought I'd share the song I've got stuck in my head this morning. I don't want to have to suffer alone. Most of ya'll will remember this one from way back when...




It's Monday ya'll.. and while I'll be spending my week scrambling to try to make up for a very unproductive weekend, at least I can be in a decent mood while I do it. Hang in there, we'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!