My Inner Peace is Imploding

First things first... I did not get laid off and neither did Bubbles. Our hours were cut a little more when we went from working four days a week, to working five six hour days. Not too bad in the grand scheme of things and I can make up the difference with vacation hours.. for a while.

By the time I left here yesterday I was all in a tizzy. The GM pissed me off royal and I came in a hair of mouthing off and probably getting fired. Call me crazy, but I just don't take too kindly to being called down in the hall like a five year old the ONE time I leave my desk all day, when "others" are flitting around all over the plant with their noses up Tiny's big ol' butt.

He points to my cube and says, "Git back in there and get on that damned phone and get some sales!"

To which I responded, grinning, "Oh no worries, I've booked mega bucks today!"

"I don't care what you booked, it's not enough, get back to work," he grumbled, pointing at my cubey like it was my cage.

Now... I booked 72K yesterday. 20K is a "good" day. Lulu takes two breaks every day to go walking up and down the hill, once in the morning, once in the afternoon. Bubbles is always everywhere but at her desk and Thelma (and the GM) take multiple smoke breaks throughout the day.

I leave my desk to go potty and to go check the fax machine for orders. I don't take any other "breaks." Obviously... having booked 72K.. I was at my desk working most of the day.

Sorry.. it just rubbed me all kindsa wrong. Oh and then? I went back to the printer to pick up a report and spotted that sumbitch playing SOLITAIRE on his computer.

WTF?

Yeah... the kinder, gentler Mahala had to take a back seat yesterday.

Anywho... so now I'm working 8-3 Monday through Friday and Bubbles is working 10-5. It's going to be nice getting home earlier in the afternoon, we'll see how it goes. Worse case scenario, I'll find something part time at night for the time being.

For now, I'm trying to just "Let go and let God." And not punch the GM in the kneecaps.

Ya'll have a good one.

Later Taters!