Saturday, December 13, 2008

Try It, You'll Like it!

This weekend, when ya'll are out doing your Christmas shopping, running from store to store, fighting the crowds, I'd like ya'll to do something for me.

As you're driving down the highway and that carload of hormonally charged, impolite teenaged hooligans cuts you off in traffic....

When the crochetdy little old lady wields her pocket book at your head like a caveman's club, just as you're reaching for the very last Hannah Montana doll....

If the woman behind you in line has a screaming toddler in the cart and a 6 year old whining with a bad case of the "I want," knocking your stress level up a few notches...

Take a deep breath, close your eyes and hum along to the chorus of this little jewel from Otis Redding:




Sway a little, tap your feet.... and just try a little tenderness. It's contagious.

I'll be back later this weekend with more. Ya'll have a good one.

Later Taters!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I sure do get weary!! ;)

but I will sure try a little tenderness

good one Lady

Mahala said...

Oh.. I forgot to mention, you may want to refrain from "sqeezin' and teasin" any strangers in public. You could probably end up in jail. :)

Unknown said...

Aaahhhh.... They just don't sing em' like that anymore.