Friday, December 12, 2008

TGIF and TCB

There are 12 shopping days left 'til Christmas. I have bought... NADA (as in, nada damn thing.)

I know.. I need to get with the program, muster up some Christmas spirit, put on some big girl panties and get my ass in gear. I have every intention of going shopping on Monday, I'm betting on fewer crowds and less mall related stress if I hit Big City early on a weekday morning.

Sometime this weekend, I'll need to get that sheet of wood for the floor. When I went to Big K's to pick one up, I found out that he only carries building supplies (at Big K's Home and Garden.. go figure) in the summer. In the meantime, Ma is calling all the relatives looking for someone to go to the Lowes in Scary Hillbilly Town to pick one up, because her sorry ass, trifling, no good daughter won't she has to have it RIGHT NOW. It's been screwed up since last summer, I really don't see why it can't wait until tomorrow.

But anywho...

It's very quiet here at the Asylum today, only PG, Bossman, myself and Louise are here in the office. The only thing that's loud is the odor rising up from the mildewed carpet. The roof leaks regularly here, but it seems to move from office to office. I reckon Tuesday it was my turn. It smells like nasty old poontang up in my cube. I've used a half a can of pseudo Lysol on it already, I'll have to pick up more this weekend.

Other plans for the weekend include picking up my very first Angel Food order. If you haven't checked them out, pop on over to their site. $30 for a big ol' box of food is a great way to stretch a buck.

I'll probably do some writing as well this weekend. It seems like every time I sit down to work on the collection of short stories that I hope one day will turn in to a self-published book, either Ma has an urgent need or my trashy big boobed cousin with the lazy eye is dropping her kid off at my front door.

I think I'm going to go raid the Wheel O' Death for a nuke worthy gray meat special. I didn't bring any breakfast this morning because Thelma said she was bringing sausage balls.. then didn't show up and I'm feckin' hungry.

It's Bubbles Free Friday ya'll and it's going to be a good one. Ya'll hang in there!

Later Taters.

4 comments:

Significant Snail said...

"Thelma said she was bringing sausage balls.. then didn't show up"

That's some kind of sin I'm sure!! In fact that's nothing short of breaking the law in my book...

Mahala said...

She eventually did show up, sausage balls in hand. She even personally delivered some to my office. Those things are so dang yummy!

A Spot of T said...

I haven't done a lick of shopping either yet. My plans are for Monday as well. Bright and early. Then no doubt home by noon and ready for a stiff drink.

Anonymous said...

Look me up if ya come into this big scary town on Monday! Let's have lunch! ;)