Monday, November 24, 2008

Pray a Little, Give a Little

I just LOVE Monday mornings at the Asylum.

No seriously.

Both Bossman and Thelma are off this week, meaning that Bubbles and Louise are without supervision. I predict that Bubbles will be holed up in Louise's office before lunchtime and much hootin', hollerin' and belly laughing will ensue. I just pray there aren't anymore sex ed classes. If there are, I'll be sure to let ya'll know.

Over the weekend there was drama in the holler. They had to call the helicopter to come in and pick up Anthony, a sweet man who's never met a stranger and would move heaven and earth for anyone in need. He used to own the gas station and did a lot of work on the hippy van for Ma, never charging much and letting her owe him when she didn't have the cash.

This was his second trip in the past month. About two weeks ago they had to fly him out when he got his wedding ring caught on a motor, resulting in the loss of his finger. He was still recovering from that injury when he got hurt again yesterday, this time getting his right hand caught in a combine. They say he lost all four of his fingers and most of his hand, saving only his thumb.

He had been out of work for a while. He was supposed to start a new job today.

If those of you who pray could send one up for Anthony and his family, I'd consider it a personal favor.

In other news, my trashy big boobed cousin with the lazy eye's youngin spent most of the weekend at the house. She finally went home yesterday afternoon, only to have them bring her back to spend the night while they took Uncle Barney to the emergency room with a raging nose bleed.

It wasn't a weekend to get much done.

How am I supposed to write my witty collection of short stories while I'm trying to keep my little cousin from releasing my dogs back in to the wild?

Anywho... the Amazon seemed to enjoy her second part time job as a professional ding-a-ling. When ya'll are out doing your Christmas shopping, think of the Amazon when you see them out there in the cold, ringing their little hearts out and maybe drop a little sumthin-sumthin in their bucket.

I'm going to go get my backfield in motion.. get a little work done.. it's a three day week!

Later Taters!

6 comments:

Traci Dolan said...

Actually, for me, its a four day week, but who's counting?

I'm still not sure about the auto manufacturers... especially since they aren't showing much common sense with how THEY travel!

My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling... I think that's an awesome thing to do, even if you are getting paid for it.

Dianne said...

Oh my! Poor Anthony, that really made my heart ache for him. And made me count my blessings

I'll send up and out my version of prayer - they all count :)

Marissa said...

My prayers go to Anthony.

Today when I *sigh* went to the big ol' Wal-Mart, I saw a bell ringer and I DID think of the Amazon. I thunk it, unhuh! Funny. I had nothing to give other than a "thank you...happy thanksgiving." I suck.

newduck said...

That is so sad! I hope he comes out okay.

tiff said...

Prayer sent. Hope it helps.

Anxiously awaiting theresults of the Bubbles and Louise comedy hour(s) from yesterday.

A Spot of T said...

Catching up on posts here but wanted to say sorry to hear about Anthony :o( I hope he's doing well and recovering fine. Poor man!