Thursday, October 16, 2008

One of Those Days

My day so far...

I got to work a little early, all proud of myself.. then realized I'd left my coffee thermos at home. I had to ask Bossman if I could run home and get it.. luckily he's a javaholic and understood. I mean, there is office coffee but it tastes like frog infested swamp water.

On the way back to work, a kamikaze squirrel darted out in front of the truck. I think I killed it. I'll be dealing with that guilt for the rest of the day.

When I got back to my desk, I had to reach for my earbuds because Bubbles was having a hootin' hollerin' good time over in her cubicle, gossiping about people in her church with none other than Lulu. They went at it for a good 20 minutes.

It left me a little disappointed in certain people, who perhaps I keep on too much of a pedestal.

Just before I left to run home and retrieve my coffee, Lulu had been talking about how she couldn't stand that Bubbles was held to a different set of rules.. etc. I've seen this sort of behavior before and tried to overlook it.. but anywho.. it's not my place to judge I suppose.

Moving on.. but only sorta...

This weekend, I'm going to order myself some clothes. I'm tired of going around all threadbare and washed out. I found some really good clearance sales online. My purchase will include these:


"But Mahala.. those are.. JEANS. You can't wear those to work!"

Oh but chil'ren.. just watch me.

They're only $11.88 and I found a few tops for less than $10. It's still a splurge for me.. but hell fire.. I can't go runnin' around all nekkid, bodacious tattas flappin' in the breeze like somethin' crazy.

Well I could but, let's be honest, it wouldn't end well.

I guess I should get back to work. I've gotten alot accomplished this already this morning, I'd better keep plugging away.

Ya'll have a good one.

Later Taters!

8 comments:

tiff said...

Mahala - Who sells those jeans?

And can I buy that ass as well? I'm tired of mine.

Mahala said...

I wish the ass came "with" too lol.

http://www.womanwithin.com/Plus-Size-Clearance.aspx?DeptId=9500

Significant Snail said...

Good for you! Enjoy the new jeans...if someone at work wants to complain they'll have to address everyone...

kenju said...

Lord, I used to be built like that model and I want that figure back!!!Nice jeans. I like the painter's pocket.

Anonymous said...

Hey--send me the link to those jeans. I need some clothes bigtime, and $11 is right within my budget. LOL I don't even have a chance to ever get the butt.

Anonymous said...

Oh...didn't see the link as usual. I'm not too good on details lately.

Dianne said...

those are not jeans

they are denim slacks - perfect for professional wear!

I shop womanwithin too, great sales.

Traci Dolan said...

Nice jeans! Good for you for treating yourself right!