Friday, October 17, 2008

Drunken Debbie, Bubbles and Banking in the Holler

Today is supposed to be Bubbles-Free Friday, but it is not. Miss Bubbaliciousness is here. I don't know why she's here, I just know that I am grossly disappointed that she is. I'm silently praying that she's only working a half a day and trying, unsuccessfully mind you, to remind myself that it is none of my beeswax.

She was here a total of SEVENTEEN MINUTES before she had to call Bubbahubby. Perhaps it was an emergency. Perhaps he needed to wipe his own ass for a change and she had to talk him through it... I don't know.

*Deep cleansing breath... let it out slowly... ohhhhhhmmmmmmm.. ya'll*

For another aggravation sticking precariously in my craw: PG went out of his way about a week ago to tell me about the car he was going to be selling. It's a 1998 Grand Am and he only wanted $1000 for it. The Amazon has been saving diligently for a car and had saved almost that exact amount. He said his wife had just made her mind up that she wanted a new one and was now being nit picky about it, so he knew he's have to sell it. He said he would make sure nothing was wrong with it and let me know, although he wasn't crazy about selling it to someone he knew.

So yesterday I was in the production office, gathering some paperwork when Drunken Debbie came in to tell Louise about the car she was getting.

Drunken Debbie is notorious here in the holler for doing shit like, getting dog drunk over the weekend and showing up to work on Monday morning with a new haircut... one she gave herself with a pocket knife. She's also the go to person for all your lunchtime, parking lot, drug buying needs.

I was ... well not surprised to be honest... to hear her say she was buying a 1998 Grand Am from PG, if she could get the money.

I shouldn't let it bother me... but dang.. it just does.

*Deep cleansing breath... let it out slowly... ohhhhhhmmmmmmm.. ya'll*

I should go marching in PG's office and tell him what I think, but I'm not going to. It's his car and he can sell it to whoever he wants. At least, that's what I'm going to tell myself.

Moving on..

I've been anxiously awaiting a letter from the Hee-Haw County bank. My mortgage has a variable rate and for the past two years, my payments have gone down a little in November because of the lowered interest rates. This year I'm hoping it drops even more, since they've gone apeshit crazy dropping rates this last quarter. Ya'll keep your fingers crossed for me.

Lawsy ya'll.. at least it is Friday. It's still a little muggy here in the office, but it's rainy and cool outside, the highs promising to crest at 66°. Maybe I can make it to five o'clock without accumulating a pool of butt crack sweat.

Maybe.

I'll leave ya'll with that visual and go enter this ginormous $27K order. Then, I figure, I can skate the rest of the day. Ya'll have a good one.

Later Taters!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe drunkie-druggie will not be able to come up with the money? If it meant to be, it is meant to be.

It was nice to have a cooler morning, I have a new fuzzy blanket that is so soft. No crack sweat here.

DG

Me said...

Ah, the mortgage thing? Makes my stomach turn. Wait... that could be the stomach virus I have this week too... but anyway! I have an ARM that is due next November. AND my mortgage company happens to have been seized by the Feds and sold to JP Morgan a couple weeks ago.

At this point I'm just sitting here going "hmmmmm" alot. LOL.

As for the car issue? OMGOSH we are in the same boat. I think I'd say something to him but in a nice way - like "Hey, did you get your car looked at? My daughters ready to buy it this weekend if it's ready to go!"

Significant Snail said...

you might pop by pg's office and mention that your daughter has money together...I wonder if he told drunk girl about the car before he told you? no harm reminding him there is a buyer available - in case the other doesn't work out.

kenju said...

I think I would ask him (after she buys it) why he did that. It might be a blessing that someone else buys it, especially since he said that about selling it to someone he knows. I bet there's something about to go bad wrong with it.

Anonymous said...

yup it could be a blessing in disguise.