Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Apes, Ninjas and Jesse James

As I sit here, pretending to work looking busy while intently eavesdropping on the morning manager's meeting, I realize just how much our supervisors sound like another governing body:

"It's not MY fault"
"I don't know how to fix it"
"It's not MY job"

Maybe some of our managers have a future in politics.

So how are ya'll this fine October Humpday? I'm recovering from last night's grocery trip ($16.25 in coupons) and thankful that it's the first day of the month. We can't enter any orders or do anything in the system until the bean counters get done with their month end junk and change the system date, so it's filing, reading the Hee-Haw County weekly and sipping coffee for most of the day. While there are times when I miss the accounting department (my first seven years here at the Asylum) the month end crush is not one of those times. There's way too much stress with the screaming, big headed German, calls from the corporate office and deadlines looming overhead.

Yeah.. sometimes it's good to be the sales ninja.

There were two more articles about the upcoming fair in the paper this week. They've announced the entertainment for Saturday night, Jesse James and the Junk Man's Daughter will be taking the stage at 9 p.m.

I'm not making that up.

In other news...

Bubbles must be feeling spunky this morning. She's over there in her jeans, popping gum and smacking those lips together like somebody's toothless granny with a can of snuff. I think she and the Bubbahubby are having "issues." I've heard her telling everyone in earshot that Precious the Elder has been pitching crying fits every morning before school, apparently due to math anxiety. She finally let it slip that Precious was all in a wad because her daddy had put the fear in her if she didn't ace every math test.

Bubbles' Bubbahubby is a loud, obnoxious, knuckle dragging neanderthal anyway, I can just imagine what he said to the poor child.. who by the way.. is nothing like her parents. I'm certain she'll grow up one day to write her own blog, explaining how she was raised by apes, struggling to overcome her family ties.

Okay.. that was cruel of me to say. I happen to love and respect apes.. so I take it back.

It's only fair that I point out that while Precious the Elder is an adorable and loving child.. a joy to be around, Precious the Younger, at four years old, is demon spawn. You need only look in to her devious little eyes to see the faint outline of the orange flames of an eternal pit dancing in her pupils.

I'll never forget her mother telling the story of how Younger hauled off and mule kicked some 75 year old man.. at church no less.. because she didn't like the way he looked at her. Bubbles laughed loud, snorting often as she relayed the story.

Anyhooters...

It's our first October Humpday of 2008. Let's hump it like a Congressman in a D.C. coat room with a Hustler magazine.

Because I'd like to think they're doing something constructive..

Later Taters!

6 comments:

Significant Snail said...

'hump it like a Congressman in a D.C. coat room with a Hustler magazine' Oh, Mahala! The images you put in my head! Nice to know Bubbles is doing her part to ensure that the jails have occupants...her younger child is surely headed there.

tiff said...

Some kids are just evil...and most of them grow up to be politicians.

:)

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I have this love-hate relationship with your blog when it comes to Bubbles. I hate hearing about her because it gets me all riled up, but at the same time, as soon as you mention her name, I can't look away.

kenju said...

YOu are toooo funny! How do you come up with stuff like that?

Travel said...

Sweet disfunctional families, they keep the psychatrists and lawyers in business.

DG

MJ said...

Because I'd like to think they're doing something constructive..

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL