Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Words of Wisdom

Tuesday.. the new Monday.

So last Friday I used my debit card for my business account to buy gas. Both my truck and my checking acount were running on empty and there was no telling how long the gas down at the Pump n' Go was going to last, so I borrowed with the intention of putting it back today when I got my paycheck. When I checked my business account to make sure I put the right amount back, I discovered that the charges had come out of my account twice.

Sometimes stuff shows up on my bank account twice, with "pending" beside it, then it runs through once and all is right with the world. I called the bank to find out if this was the case, only to be told that all their computers are down and they can't check anything but email.

Isn't that just peachy?

Factor in a sudden onslaught of orders (thank you "insert name of Supreme Being of your choice here,") Bubbles' new found fascination with a very bad Celtic music CD, most likely purchased from the .50 bin at the dollar store and Bossman's pissy little attitude and you get an idea of the kind of day I'm having.


~*~


I spent about an hour clipping coupons yesterday and cross referencing my stockpile with the weekly grocery ad, bound and determined to get blood from a turnip. I watched CNN as I clipped, filed and ciphered.. it kept me motivated. I tried not to think about the fact that winter's coming, how our business here at the Asylum tends to drop with the temperatures. I didn't dwell on the fact that Frog Pond Holler becomes a ghost town after the fall colors fade, which could possibly cause the Amazon to lose the two days a week she gets to work now.

I just kept clipping. Get through today.. this week. I'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

~*~


Keep swimming ya'll and don't forget to breathe. I'll leave you with some advice I got from Lulu's bubbahubby a while back:

"Are you gonna go 'round being afraid the rest of yo' life? No sense in that. Ain't gonna change nothin' if you do and you done went and wasted all them years."

Later Taters!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like a good day, Mahala.

In fact, if I hadn't had those photos on the right-hand side to look at....hide the cutlery.

Here's hopin' for somethin' good, tho' I'm strainin' to figger what that might be.

Marissa said...

Yeeehawww! Ifn' that ain't the troof. I worry more than a long tailed cat in a room fulla rockin' chairs! Caint hep it tho. Its the way I'uzz bornded. That's like axin' a porky-pine to shed his stickers and walk 'round nekkid in a hungry bar's path. Weee-dawgy!

Significant Snail said...

Well, I wish I could think of some new words of wisdom - I could certainly use some myself! If I find any I'll send them along!

Anonymous said...

Although bubbahubby is not as articulate as some...he does make a valid point...in his own special way. Let's all hang in there and view the world as a glass half full instead of a glass half empty. (I never got to be a cheer-leader when I was a teen-ager...I thought I'd be one now that I'm an old woman!) Hope you all have a great day....

Robbie

A Spot of T said...

Getting blood from a turnip is not easy. Trust me, I've had to try in my lifetime. Here's hoping things turn around real soon for you!

MJ said...

Great advice! It seems life has been slow for me and a lot of my bloggy friends. I say we all have a virtual shot of vodka and pass out for the next few days...

Anonymous said...

Yep, it has been that way lately. We'll just keep swimming and try our best not to get eaten by a shark.


Cheers!

Traci Dolan said...

That knuckle dragger does make sense.