Monday, September 29, 2008

Irish Tales, Pimping Stickers and House Guests

The sun's shining down on Frog Pond Holler this morning, the air is light with just a touch of fall and I'm trying to recover from the weekend.

I had grand plans for Saturday, none of which played out. There were alot of naps.. not what I intended but I guess it's what my body needed. Yesterday, for all the hours I sat in front of the computer, you would have thought I'd have posted something, but I was up to my armpits in peace loving bumper stickers, re-designing "got grits?" and farkin' around with online advertisements. By eight o'clock last night, my eyeballs were staring at each other and watering like my face had sprung a leak.

We gotta keep swimmin'.... no one's gonna come bail us out.

After I made dinner and distributed some D-Con around the kitchen (we've found evidence of uninvited visitors) I settled in on the couch, just in time to catch one of my all time favorite movies... ever. "In to the West" is full of Irish Travellers, caravans, ocean waves and "harses," a few of my favorite things.




I've seen it a bunch of times and I still bawl like a big, dumb baby every time.

Anywho.. I'd better get my ass in gear, I've got a date with a vacuum cleaner. Ya'll have a great Monday. We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mahala,
Hope your new designs make you some moolah.

That's always nice, when you happen upon a movie that you love, totally by accident.

Have a Monday...enjoy your day off...after your date.

kenju said...

I'll have to search for that movie!

MJ said...

I love all your got grits stuff! If I had some money, I would buy some. But, such is life...

Kimberly McKay said...

Have a great date with mr suction!

tiff said...

Well, now that you've said it's a SAD movie, I can't watch it. There are rules about movies and crying!

Mahala said...

Oh you HAVE to watch it.. and btw.. I am certain the Things have heard the f-bomb once or twice before and Eddie is always good stuff :)

A Spot of T said...

Just watching 3 minutes and 53 seconds of it has me tearing up. When the horse runs after the little boy....WHAAAA!! I'd be a big puddle of goo if I watched the whole thing.