Saturday, August 09, 2008

Anacondas, Poop Demons and Suspicious Funk

This has been a total and complete waste of a day off.

I've felt like crap on a cracker for most of it because my good friend FMF has decided to show up to kick my bootay. I've sort of felt it coming on for the past few days, so I wasn't surprised when I got up this morning with my joints doing the bump and grind like a burlesque dancer after too many Harvey Wallbangers.

Honestly, I wasn't even going to mention it. With colchacine therapy, the attacks are few and far between and much less severe than before. It's normally not that big a deal anymore.

Normally...

The first clue that something was out of whack came when the Amazon was doing laundry yesterday. As the washer did it's thing, the Amazon went in the bathroom and noticed something strange and suspiciously funky in the bathtub. Later in the evening, as Ma was fixing herself a plate of the fabulous dinner I'd prepared, she mentioned that some "stuff" had backed up in to her bath as well.

Leave it to Ma to always have compelling dinner conversation ready for our entertainment.

It didn't happen any more, so we chalked it up to a one time thing and forgot about it. The Amazon had a wedding to go to this evening and other than a little picking up and a few dishes, I sat around on the couch for most of the day. Once she left, I threw a load of clothes in the wash, put on my comfy, stained and slightly ripped house.. lounge.. thingie and hit the couch. I started to doze off, when I have bad spells I can't seem to get enough sleep, but felt the urge of a nature call and decided to tend to that before I got too comfy.

Okay.. I know this is bordering on more than you want to know.. but seriously.. I feel the need to share this with ya'll...

So I'm in the potty palace, parked up on my throne, reading this weeks edition of the Hee-Haw County paper. I was half way through the story about the big drug raid last week, where they confiscated over 13,000 pot plants, when I felt a slight jarring of the floor.

Then a fine mist sprayed my delicate tush.

Gurgling.. bubbling...

I came up off that toilet.. wild eyed and afraid because I had forgotten all about the previous day's drain regurgitation and thought my worst fear had been realized. I just knew a big ass snake was coming up out of that toilet.

I swear..it looked like that scene from Dogma where the poop demon comes gurgling up from the depths of hell.

I backed away. I stared. It gurgled and plopped. I waited until I thought it had calmed down.. then I flushed.

Don't look at me like that.. I don't know what possessed me to do it. If I'd had a history of making good life choices, I wouldn't be living in a trailer in Frog Pond Holler.

The mixture of.. I'll spare you the horrid details.. rose right up to the very rim of the toilet.. stayed there a few seconds.. then slowly went back down.

When my heart started beating again and I realized that a huge anaconda hadn't been trying to get my left ass cheek and that the toilet was finished being possessed by demons, I went back to the task at hand.

"MAHALA!!!" she screamed from the hallway. Ma never walks to my end of the trailer and the Amazon was gone, so to say I was startled is an understatement.

"Please don't run anymore water, you're causing stuff to back up in to my bath again!!"

Because, as ya'll know, everything is my fault.

I can't tell ya'll what I said to her, because it would make you lose any respect you have left for me, if any at all, after reading this post.

We finally sorted out that it was only happening when we ran the washer, so I didn't worry about it anymore, went back to the couch and slowly drifted off to comfy-happy land.

"MAHALA!! MAHALA!!!" I opened my eyes to see Ma standing over me with her torn gown and her hair all askew. "I called Ebb, he's in Scary Hillbilly Town, but he'll be here in just a few minutes."

"Wut.. who?"

"EBB!!! HE'LL BE HERE IN A FEW MINUTES!!" she repeats, like I have any effin' clue who the hell she's talking about.

I eventually figure out that she's talking about the main town employee, I didn't ask who she called to get his cell phone number. She had the phone book in her hand, she probably just started calling random Frog Pond Holler residents.

I laid there for a second, letting it sink in, then got up and looked for something to put on. It was slim pickins, all my shorts that my butt doesn't hang out of and my slacks were in the wash...which is what caused this whole mess.

As I waited, I sat at my computer desk, head propped up in front of the computer. Ma came in a few minutes later and asked, "Where did those grapes come from?"

"What grapes?"

"The grapes! Did someone give them to you or did you buy them in town?"

"Ma, we've not had any grapes."

"Not grapes.. yes.. grapes.. did someone give them to you???"

"THERE ARE NO GRAPES!"

"Oh.. wait.. CHERRIES.. you knew what I meant.. where did they come from?" (Ya know.. some people fantasize while watching mooshy, lovey dovey movies on the Romance channel. Me? "Throw Mama from the Train.")

"The grocery store," I answered. "They have grapes at the store in town if you want some."

"Oh no.. I don't want any, those grapes did a number on my stomach!" she explained, then turned and went back to her bedroom.

Ya'll wonder why I'm a little nuts?

She came back a few minutes later, waving a bottle of ant poison at me, telling me to open it because she was just too tired. I got it away from her and told her to go to bed, I'd watch for Ebb.

"Oh, I called him back and told him to just wait 'til Monday. I don't have the energy to deal with anything else tonight. Is it too late to get a pizza from town?"

"Yes Ma."

*Sigh*

It's only Day Two of my four day weekend. The fun never stops around here. I'm going back to the couch, take some drugs, rest my eyes and hopefully avoid any further chitsplosions for a bit.

Y'all enjoy your weekend.

Later Taters!

14 comments:

babyhellfire said...

OH my god- I am ROLLING over this.
I am soooo sorry. We had to get our septic redone recently because of the lovely rising water when doing the wash - I Know the feeling all to well. UGH
Hope it gets better around there

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, you reminded me of a similar experience I had in high school. I got out of my car and started walking across the lawn to the school entrance. The ground was moist, but I assumed that was due to rain. Then I began to see these little white things. I took me 20 feet before I realized the sewer pipe leading to the girl's restroom had burst, leaving a sea of tampons and chocolate treasure all over the lawn - all for me to walk through. Good times...I miss Alabama.

Anonymous said...

Only YOU could make a situation
like this laughable.

Oh, and thanks...now I know what a *dundun* dress is. :*)

BetteJo said...

Oh my. We have ONE bathroom here and when we get a blockage - everybody heads for the hills where there are available facilities. Gah!
I hate anything that requires a call to the local "Ebb"!

SwampAngel65 said...

Ok, I am dense. What is FMF???

It would have scared the poop out of me to have that happen while sitting on the toilet! I've had frogs in the toilet before, and trust me, it ain't fun.

Sounds like your weekend can't get much worse...only better!

Rebecca said...

Um....ew.

You would post this right after I've had really good/bad Chinese food. I think I'm gonna be....aw hell.....

Travel said...

Oh $hit, you have the pleasure of a long weekend and all of this happens. I think I would snap.

DG

Anonymous said...

Mahala loves her mamma mahala loves her mama!!

I was laffin my arse off at this post. I had a similar thang happen to me years ago when the kids were little. Thank god I had a landlord to come clean up the shit....

Anonymous said...

I know I'm going to go straight to hell for laughing at someone else's misery but I blame you for writing it so good!! There is nothing worse then watching that water rise in the toilet and begging to the gods above not to let it overflow. Hope the days get better!

Jessica Eiden Smedley said...

Throw Momma From the Train.

LMAO!

Traci Dolan said...

Oy, what a lovely start to the weekend! Hope you can get that fixed.

Was wondering if you would drop me a line about your FMF? My cousin has been sick for 10 years and no one can seem to figure out what's wrong with her. Heart problems, joint problems, stomach problems.

A distant cousin of mine has been diagnosed with FMF, the one holding the Melungeon meeting, and she's sent me some information, but I'ld like to know how they diagnosed you and your symptoms, just to see if its similar to my cousin. If you don't mind. PLEASE!

Sadly, she's on my dad's side of the family and the other cousin is on my mom's side, so she can't take that to the doctor.

tiff said...

My God. WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?????

Deb Rox said...

LMAO!

Hilarious, but also profound:
"I backed away. I stared. It gurgled and plopped. I waited until I thought it had calmed down.. then I flushed."

This reminded me of the defining moment in several of my failed relationships. The moment when you should not have tried again, should have walked away and called an expert.

poopie said...

Oh my...my ex and I had a similar experience when living up the street from the KFC. Seems they dumped their grease into the drain and the whole damn street got stopped up.

In other news, I picked the grapes of wrath offa the barbed wire fence down at my parents house today. Hate to waste free range.