Thursday, July 03, 2008

Early Morning Excitement

It's creepy quiet in the office this morning. Well... now it is. Me and Bossman set the alarm off when we got here, so we had a little excitement. Law enforcement briefly became involved. Apparently the guy calling from the alarm company didn't have a record of Bossman's pass code.

Yeah.. it's going to be a good day.

Everyone in the holler is gettin' cranked up for the weekend festivities. Although the fourth falls on Friday this year, the street dance and fireworks are scheduled for Saturday night. I don't know why and no one can explain it other than to say, "that's how it's always been done."

Go figure.

Yesterday, Bubbles and Bossman exchanged words. Snarky, smart assed verbal stabs with a smile. A display resulting in Bubbles' very loud, purposeful humming of hymns (a sure sign that she's ticked off.) I heard the slinging of large books, followed by attention-getting stomps down the hall. Bubbles then disappeared from the office for about 45 minutes.

Oh I got my hopes up ya'll. After a half hour, I checked to see if her Jeep Box was still in the parking lot. My hopes were crushed when I saw that it was still there. I honestly thought she'd left.

Bossman sat in his office and growled for the rest of the day, but then, that's his normal mood so it's hard to tell if he was peeved or not.

Bubbles finally reappeared long enough to call her Bubbahubby and instruct him to meet her by the back door. Louise reports that there was a pow-wow between the happy couple, Jasper and Tiny out by the dumpster for another 30 minutes.

Is it any wonder we can't get any sales in here, then when we do we can't get anything shipped?

And why is it, if the GM sees me walking down the hall more than twice in one day, he has to say something about it.. when I'm the only sales person even IN THE BUILDING half the time?

*deep breath*

Moving on...

I don't know if I'll venture out among the masses this weekend. It might be worth a few good photo opportunities. We'll see. If I do, ya'll will be the first to know.

Ya'll hang in there, this week is almost licked.

Later Taters.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I nearly set off the alarm this morning. Tired. Taking vacation next week and in GREAT need of it!

Annette

Mahala said...

I still have two weeks I need to take. Maybe in the fall when it's cooler.

Anonymous said...

And why is it, if the GM sees me walking down the hall more than twice in one day, he has to say something about it.. when I'm the only sales person even IN THE BUILDING half the time?

Because he's a nitwit and jackass?

Mahala said...

LOL! I think you've hit it on the head there Tori!

tiff said...

Say it once, say it a thousand times.

PICTURES.

(of bubbles.)

kenju said...

Tiff is right - we need photos. We NEED them.

Jeni said...

You know, the more you post about issues with Bossman makes me wonder if he might be the same guy I worked with years ago in D.C. Didn't know diddly-squat, didn't do diddly squat either but still managed to pull down a salary $200 a month (1960's wages, ya know) more than me simply because he had a college degree. (I didn't, then.)

I think you should apply for his job and show the upper echelon you can get the job done better, faster, more economically too!

Mahala said...

Okay ladies, I actually have pictures of Bubbles on my computer at home, from the Christmas parade a few years ago. She didn't have her Paula Deen do yet and she was less chunky. I think I've got one of Louise too.

Jeni: Ah but when it comes to our product and the technical stuff, I don't have a clue. We'd go under for sure if I was at the helm lol.

Melissa said...

There should be a show based on "The Office" that takes place in your work place. It would be a real documentary and stranger than fiction.

Travel said...

I am home, I am home, I am home, nothing bit me and I am home for the long holiday weekend (with a little work to do if I get to it.)

DG

Mahala said...

Enjoy the fourth Mahala and the weekend of course. :)
Mahala

newduck said...

Craptastic poop fest! Whahaha!! Didn't you ever read this: http://onenewduck.blogspot.com/2008/05/zero.html

It's not that she never has a craptastic poop fest, she just chooses her times wisely.