Nubby Fingers and Scary Dreams

Hey ya'll.

I was at the Asylum for a total of eight minutes this morning before I lost my cool.

Welcome back.

I don't know why people have to be all up in my bidness when I'm out. Is my job really all THAT mysterious and exciting?

Anywho, on Friday one of the guys out in the plant stuck his hand in one of the machines when he shouldn't. I knew all about it already because the fire department was dispatched, an ambulance was called, helicopters were summoned... you get the idea. Lucky for me, the patient is well enough today to show up at the office and wander from cubicle to cubicle, retelling his gruesome tale over and over.... and over. The employee to be known from now on as "Nubs" grew up way off the beaten path where modern conveniences like telephones and hearing aides were unheard of, resulting in the chosen method of communication being to stand in the yard and holler like a crazy person.

What I'm gettin' at is.. Nubs is a real loud talker.

Nubs and Bubbles go way back, so they have alot to talk about. His wife.. bless her heart.. thinks Bubbles is the all knowing authority on child rearing and house keeping and the most worldly person she knows, so she's excited to have the opportunity to get all chatty.

Ya'll see what I'm gettin' at here?

Now I'm not the cold hearted bitch that I might seem. I'm glad Nubs is okay. I was worried when I heard about the accident Friday and although it sucks to lose the tip of your finger, all things considered, it could have been a lot worse. I'd just really rather not hear about the accident, the resulting treatment and all the gory details more than maybe 5 or 6 times.

Am I being unreasonable?

Moving on...

I've been on edge lately, I mean other than just today. I've always had weird dreams with the occasional bad one, but the past couple of weeks I've been haunted by some pretty frightening nightmares. They've included burying bodies by the river, knife wielding women in Halloween costumes and this morning, riding a bus alone, knowing it was going to flip over and trying to position myself in a way that I wouldn't be killed.

Oh and in the one with the bodies by the river, there was a dog gnawing a bone in the dark. A bone which may or may not have been human. His name was Newton.

Don't look at me like that... I DON'T KNOW ANYONE NAMED NEWTON!

Seriously, that last one woke me up from a dead sleep at 4 a.m. I'm starting to dread going to sleep at night.

Anywho, I'm going to go do some filing. Ya'll have a good one.

Later Taters.