Desert Fixations, Count Chocula and Newspaper Drama

Dang ya'll, I'm plumb tuckered after running all over creation this weekend. Today, I plan on laying around, watching daytime t.v. and pigging out on Count Chocula.

Saturday I piddled around the house all morning, then headed out to Scary Hillbilly Town. I hadn't made a Wallyworld run in months and we were out of a bunch of stuff. It's about a 40 minute drive, so it becomes an all day adventure. In addition to hair color, the above mentioned chocolatey cereal (that I can't find in any stores on this side of the state line) and some basics, I picked up the supplies to make a cactus terrarium... sort of. A cactus terrarium isn't a true terrarium because it's not a self watering, fully enclosed environment, so I guess it's more of a mini-desert garden.. thingie.


It's a little bare for now. I'll add a few slow growing succulents (I love that word... Okay, so I'm weird) and a few more rocks or maybe some sand. I'm not sure what the deal is with me and desert things lately. When I named my new Betta a few months ago, the first name that came to mind was "Gobi," an admittedly odd name for something that lives in water.

Weird.

Yesterday I took my truck up to Cletus' garage and washed it in the one car wash bay in all of Frog Pond Holler. I needed to get the road salt off of it, before it ate holes in the finish. The wind was whipping around like a freakin' hurricane, not the best conditions for truck washing. So much of it blew back on me, I'm pretty sure I ended up with as much wax on my backside as ended up on Jolene. The vaccum Cletus has up there was a waste of fifty cents. I chased one dried up piece of grass around the entire floorboard. Next time I'll just drag my Bissell out to the driveway.

Anywho, I'm going to enjoy the life of leisure today. The only major task on my agenda is to call the Big City newspaper. I didn't get one yesterday.

Things are fixin' to get ugly.

Ya'll enjoy your Monday.

Later Taters!