Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cheeseburger In a Can


How hungry would you have to be to eat a Cheeseburger in a Can?

This culinary delight is being offered by Trekking Mahlzeiten, a website which appears to specialize in camping and hiking supplies. At least I think that's what it is. I can't be 100% certain, my high school German is really rusty. For around $5.50USD you too can enjoy Cheeseburger in a Can. Simply plop the can into a pot of boiling water to heat, then pop the top and enjoy.

C'mon people, are you ever really THAT far from a McDonalds? Besides, don't those hiker, camper types usually eat bird seed and like.. sticks and crap?

Whatever you do, don't go comparing this atrocity to the original meat in a can:

Now that right there is some good eating. Slice it thick, toss it in the frying pan and slap it on some white bread with a thick layer of mayo.

They don't call me Spam suckin' trailer trash for nothing.

14 comments:

Going Comomdo said...

I used to LUV it when my Momma would fry up a lil' Spam. Spam night RULED. (Disclaimer: I have not consumed Spam since 1982.)

Anonymous said...

Or you can get real fancy and put some teriyaki sauce and a pineapple slice on it. Spam fusion.

Mahala said...

Dg: Yes!! Spam n' eggs is pretty awesome too.

Ooooo rachel, that sounds freakin' cool!

Jeni said...

For the life of me, I've never been able to figure out why so many people find SPAM an undesirable entre in the food chain. We didn't have a steady diet of it when I was a kid, but we did have it maybe once or twice a month. I always liked it. A couple years ago, when my kids and I were having a big cookout/keg-type party in the backyard, I got some spam, cut it up in little chunks, along with a couple kinds of cheese, etc., stuck toothpicks in it with crackers and such, and put it out as some hors d'oevres and my kids about went ballistic, telling me they were never gonna touch that stuff! The fickleness of the tastebuds I guess!

Travel said...

Oh my god, another DG! What will we do?

Spam brings back childhood memories, a cheeseburger in a can sounds like challenge.

DG

Mahala said...

Jeni: The Amazon will take it right back out of the shopping cart and put it back on the shelf. She's so persnickity.

DG: I know! I was momentarily confused lol. Double the pleasure, double the fun!

Mahala said...

Jeni: The Amazon will take it right back out of the shopping cart and put it back on the shelf. She's so persnickity.

DG: I know! I was momentarily confused lol. Double the pleasure, double the fun!

Going Comomdo said...

Wuh-oh - another DG! Well, hello there! Nice initials.

kenju said...

I think I ate Spam once in my life - and that was enough.

Anonymous said...

How absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try it!

Mahala said...

Awww Kenju.. Spam is good stuff lol.

You're more adventurous than I Insomniac :)

newduck said...

Considering that pregnancy has me craving cement, whiteout, and road tar, the cheeseburger in a can sounds kind of high class right now.

Mahala said...

LOL at least it's food! I had weird cravings when I was pregnant too.. and weird stuff made me sick. Like the sight of raw eggs.

BetteJo said...

I ate some White Castle tonight. Bad, naughty, bad bad stuff. Yummy going down tho!
And NOT in a can!