Monday, October 22, 2007

Kitchen Crime Scene

I made a visit to the grocery store Saturday night. I wasn't really in the mood to go, but I was starting to feel like Old Mother Hubbard so I bit the bullet and went.

On the isle that contains the noodles, sauces and taco fixins I noticed a "sale" sticker on the Betrolli spaghetti sauce. It's usually close to three bucks a jar, but it was on sale for $2 and there were dollar off coupons attached to the shelf. That meant I could get it for...

A DOLLA!!

I grabbed two jars and two coupons, thankful for the great deal I'd found on spaghetti sauce. Is it sad that a deal on groceries excites me?

Anywho, after I got home the Amazon carried the goods in while I put the cold stuff away. When we were almost done and I was bent over with my head stuck in the fridge, there was a loud boom, an explosion, a sound so loud that I nearly fell head first into a moldy bowl of left over beef stew that had over stayed it's welcome on the top shelf.

What the crap???

I spun around... It was like a crime scene, red liquid splatterd on the floor, on the throw rug and on the cabinets. Had someone fired through the open kitchen window? The sound I'd heard was not unlike that of a shotgun going off. Had Dubya's hoochie-mama-step-daughter finally gone off the deep end and started shooting up Frog Pond Holler? Had Yoda the Chihuahuaranian suffered from a case of flatulence so great that it was it couldn't be released and he'd exploded?

The Amazon was standing there, a look of sheer horror on her face, mouth agape. I looked down at the floor and that's when I saw it... the shattered remains of two jars of Betrolli sauce, still in the bag. While setting the bags on the counter, the Amazon had missed.

Yesterday we were still finding spots of spaghetti sauce splatter we didn't see the night before.

I hope ya'll had a good weekend, but Monday is upon us. Let's make the best of it.

Later Taters!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, i just don't know what to say here!! how sad that your bargain "blew up". i too get all excited about a deal like that ;)

kenju said...

Aw, I'm sorry. Look on the only bright side - at least you didn't pay full price for them.

AC said...

Thank goodness they were still in the bag-glass shattter mixed with sauce splatter = even worse. I have found what appears to be spaghetti sauce droplets on the ceiling! With no explosive accident to explain it.

Travel said...

Thankfully no one was hurt, drop those on a toe and it will turn all kinds of wierd colors. You will have fun wiping up spots. There was the time WH decided to use the wet/dry vacume to empty the tank on his toilet for some kind of maintence. When the vacume filled with liquid to the stop excess blew out the exhaust, of course it was that nice tropical blue. It took months to find all the spots.

DG

Melissa said...

Where's the photo?