Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Did I Win?

Fall is trying so hard to come to our little corner of the mountains. The leaves are changing and falling, the wind is whipping about, but the warm temperatures just won't let go. We need rain desperately, the creek that runs through town isn't much more than a wide ditch at this point. Storms keep showing up on the map, seemingly heading straight for us then splitting and going completely around Frog Pond Holler.

The mood has been weird here at the Asylum. I got so irritated when Bossman pulled rank last week, after my suggestion that Bubbles would be happier moving down one office space, that I copped just a wee bit of an attitude. I decided that since she is oblivious to people around her when she's engaged in a telephone conversation, discussing everything from the state of her uterus to her husband's prostate (with customers.. I swear.. I couldn't make this shit up) that I'd stop worrying about keeping my voice down. I decided to follow Bossman's lead as well, choosing to place customers on speaker phone and scream across the office to them, rather than making the effort to pick it up and speak in a normal tone.

I can be downright pissy when backed into a corner.

By the end of the day on Friday, Bossman and the GM were going from cubicle to cubicle with a tape measure, making calculations and discussing materials. I may have actually won this time.

I think I'm going to go out in the parking lot and do a rain dance. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Later Taters!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Mahala!! I hope they fix that sh*t to your liking! I have a pin on my corkboard at work that says, "You can't make this shit up." It's true. Life is indeed stranger than fiction. Thanks for the daily laughs!

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!!!

Travel said...

I hate cubicals, every employee deserves the dignity of personal work space.

It is raining here.

DG

Traci Dolan said...

Oh my hell, I'm so glad I don't work in an office anymore!

poopie said...

I got your rain right over here on Pecan Lane. Enjoy your space hon...you've earned it the hard way.

Jeni said...

As my loverly ex-husband used to say, "Sometimes the bear eats you, sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes, you both go hungry." Looks like you might just be the one eating the bear today! Here's hopin' this one's for you.

BetteJo said...

Alterations were made to my cube today. Sometimes the cube-cicles win!

AC said...

Could be a hot new Design show! Bring a video camera.