Friday, August 10, 2007

More Bones to Pick, the Heat and TGIF

The weather is really messing up my posting schedule. It's so hot outside that the air conditioner is working overtime, yet by the time I get home in the evening it's hovering around 80° in the house. It's not unbearable for me, but my computer doesn't appreciate it at all. The fan starts to sound like the space shuttle gearing up for take off so I have to wait until after nine before I can leave it on long enough to do anything. By then, any creative juices I had flowing earlier have evaporated into the hot, sticky air and the only thing I can manage is to stay awake.

Lawd, when is it going to be fall?

I've got a bone to pick with CBS. Who's bright idea is it to put friggen golf highlights on at 12:30 at night? Don't they realize that they mess with my whole schedule by doing that? I have enough trouble remembering the 152 steps I have to go through to set the DVR to record Craig Ferguson each night without them screwing it all up with GOLF!

At least I got to see the monologue and up to the exact second when Craig threatened to smack his first guest. Hellfire, there may have been WWE style smackdown right after that and now... I'LL NEVER KNOW!!!! Because of the golf invasion throwing everything off, I was forced to watch GMA, witnessing Charlie Gibson manhandling Diane Sawyer with an impromptu backrub right there on the GMA set. It was like when you go to the family reunion at the old homestead up on the mountain and your creepy great uncle wants to linger just a little too long when he hugs the more voluptuous female cousins.

Oh wait.. maybe that's just my family...

*shudder*

Anywho, at least it's Friday. I have to.. not just want to.. but HAVE to go get my nails done this weekend. They've grown out so much that I'm getting the dang things hung in the big data printer when I try to change the paper. I should probably try to find some shoes too. It's just too flippen dang hot to go anywhere.

There's supposed to be a cold front heading this way in the next day or two, when the temperature should drop to a frigid 88°. Keep your fingers crossed.

Later Taters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd send CBS a nasty letter.

Mahala said...

happy Friday to you.
I feel your pain with the whole CBS thing. We watch David Letterman and Craig every night.

poopie said...

*lusting over 88 degrees*