Thursday, August 09, 2007

CAT FIGHT!!!

I don't know if it was caused by the heat, raging hormones or the shipping *ahem* person running out of menopause drugs, but there was a very loud verbal altercation between two women at the Asylum yesterday. I wish I could give you details, but I can't. No, it's not out of some bloggers conscience that I've suddenly developed, it's because I was stuck at my desk working. I did however, hear most of it.

It was poetry ya'll.

It was like The Trailer Trash Women of Rasslin' match.

Apparently it took place directly in front of Thelma's desk, which lead to her making multiple phone calls, trying to locate a manager to come break it up. Her exact words were, "I was a'skeered!" I reckon Bubbles was in there too, when it started getting really loud she came out of there like a bat out of hell, flailing her arms about as if it had like... anything at all to do with her.

*cough* drama queen *cough*

Oh heck! Speaking of Bubbles...

As ya'll know, Bubbles thinks she's all that and a pack of Juicy Fruit, but she's really not. I mean, she's young and I guess what you might consider cute but a tad bit on the chunky side. The point is, she thinks she's the Almighty's gift to the men of the world and it's a little annoying. So yesterday she was wearing a new ensemble which... I am so bad for even bringing this up but I can't help myself... it made her look about six months pregnant. I noticed it but I didn't say anything. Bless her heart, she doesn't wear things appropriate for her shape, but I don't think she knows any better.

Anywho, she was out in the plant doing work which isn't her job so she could be out there flirting, a daily occurrence, when one of the guys came up and congratulated her.

"Excuse me?" she asked.

"Congratulations to you and Bubbahubby both! Looks like it might be twins... laaaaaaaaw I hope not for your sake!"

What followed was a very loud, very angry display where Bubbles gave the young man a piece of her mind and forbade him to ever occupy space in her general vicinity again. I can't blame her, I would have been upset too, but dang... I can't help giggling. I was a little put off when I overheard her telling her favorite male customer all the gory details, followed by her bragging about telling the poor guy to shut up when he tried to apologize.

He wasn't trying to be mean. He really thought she was pregnant. He even went to his supervisor to explain that he didn't mean any harm by it.

I guess that's why Bubbles goes to the little church up in the woods every Wednesday and twice on Sunday. She still can't grasp that whole "forgiveness" thing.

Hang in there ya'll, it's almost Friday.

4 comments:

Patti said...

What an interesting workplace.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! It sounds like front row seats at Jerry Springer. :]

I love listening in on people's arguments in public places like the office or the grocery store. They're always so fascinating.

kristen
www.meowbarkblog.com

Me said...

LOL... I feel a tad bit bad for Bubbles. That is certainly embarrassing - but I wouldn't have gone off like that. I would have said "I'm not pregnant...." and left it at that. But maybe that is because I have a little bit of poise that maybe she is missing? LOL.

Mahala said...

Yes Patti, interesting is a good word for it lol.

kristen, there are alot of "springeresque" displays here at the Cubicle Asylum. It keeps it interesting!

meritt: I feel kind of bad for her too, I mean, I would have been upset, but it was an honest mistake. Miss Thang just needs to get over herself.