Sunday, August 12, 2007

Of Beauty and Bargains

Have ya'll ever accidentally hit ctrl + alt + arrow key?


Don't do it. Trust me.

I took the 35 minute excursion to the edge of civilization yesterday. My hookerlicious acrylics had grown out so much that I had become a danger to myself and others. I damned near blinded myself while trying to dislodge some allergy induced eye snot, not realizing how long my nails had gotten and misjudging the distance. It was time to brave the heat (no ac in the hippy van) and take action. I thought I was going to melt before I got there.


I had a different nail tech this time, a little guy who didn't look old enough to even have a job, yet was wearing a wedding band (or maybe I'm just getting older and everyone else looks too young to me.) I suspect he'd been in the U.S. a little longer than the others there, his English was much better and he talked my ear off asking about the hot mineral baths here in Frog Pond Holler. Thankfully he seemed more skilled than the last one, I escaped without the slightest nick to my cuticles.


We like him.


I can't wait to go to work tomorrow. That's right, I said it, it's not a typo. First of all, Bossman is going to be out of the office until Wednesday (yay!) He's gone on sales calls 'til then and I'm thankful to not have the stress of listening to him get up and slam his office door repeatedly throughout the day.


Second, Lulu was going car shopping yesterday. I mentioned to ya'll before that I've been checking out the Kias, thinking maybe I can afford one after the first of the year. Well, Lulu found out through a mail advertisement that you can get a special deal on Kias using your Sam's card.


That's right, cars by Walmart.


I don't have a Sam's card (gasp!), don't tell anyone below the Mason Dixon, they'll make me move, but if I can get a good deal on a new car with one, I will.




So that's why I'm excited, I'm anxious to see if she got a new vehicle and what kind of deal she got. I might be next.


Anywho, I'm off to perform assorted domestic duties. Ya'll enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Later Taters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dolphie, I love those SUV Kia's and they come with that great 10k mile deal. The Santa Fe I think? Let me know how that works for you. I just took over payments for the daughters Jeep Cherokee she couldn't afford, but with this new driveway I need it! I'm finding out next week if I'll be your neighbor soon.

Me said...

I hope you get your Kia! (PS: Santa Fe is by Hyundai). :) If anyone needs and deserves a new vehicle it's you!

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected, tis the Sportage. Thanks Marilyn :-)