Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Smoke Free and Feeling Like Poo

I realized today that it's been six months since I smoked a cigarette. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but it has. There are still days when I want one so bad I can taste it, but I just try to stop and think about how it smells and how much it costs. I try not to think about how much weight I've gained or how good one.. just one.. would taste. I didn't think I'd still be having cravings after this long, it may be because I don't try to stay away from people who are smoking and exposing myself to a dose of second hand nicotine.

It's been a little discouraging, my allergies and sinus problems are almost as bad as they were when I was smoking an embarassing amount of cigarettes a day, which is probably due to my lifelong allergy to pet dander (three dogs, two cats and a bird.)

I'm not having a great hump day, I had a hard time sleeping last night and have a headache today. I can't wait for it to be over.

Dang I'm having a whine-fest huh?

Ah well, it is humpday so the week is half over and the day is half over too, so it's not all bad. Lord just let me make it 'til five o'clock, then the couch is mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think still craving a cigarette is at all unusual. My dad hasn't smoked for about 15 years or so and he still occasionally craves one.

Which probably wasn't what you wanted to hear. *g*

Mahala said...

FIFTEEN YEARS??? and he's still having the occasional craving? Can someone please just shoot me now?