Saturday, October 21, 2006

Fall in Frog Pond Holler

The leaves have finally turned and the color is more incredible this year than I've seen since moving here almost 14 years ago. Another sign of fall is the constant chatter on the scanner as law enforcement tries to keep bear hunters and property owners from shooting one another.

If you want to take a leisurely stroll in the woods around here in the fall, you'd best be wearing an orange vest. Unless you happen to wander on to private property, then you could get shot after being mistaken for a bear hunter.

"Move to the country," they said. "It's safer," they said.

I'm having freaky FMF related muscle spasms in my hands, making it difficult to type, so that's all for now. I'll check back in later.

Happy Saturday.

4 comments:

Me said...

We were at the Grandparents last weekend and BabyGirl and Boyfriend were going to walk to the creek behind my parents house. Nope... can't. Even though it was only 'bow' season, some hunters were 'practicing' and shots could be heard. The kids had to stay in the house.

We then went to the FIL's and the kids wanted to ride 4-wheeler and play back in the woods. I had to make SURE that my FIL hadn't given permission to ANY HUNTERS on his land that weekend (not that that always stops them).

I hate having to be careful of that crap. I couldn't wear my white mittens at my parents other home because it looked like a white tailed deer. Sigh.

kenju said...

What is FMF? I hope it is better now.

Anonymous said...

If enough property owners start shooting at enough bear hunters, it may bceome safe to cross the street, unless it is snake season.

DG

gemmak said...

Bears? real bears?!!!Wow :o)