Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday Morning with Etta James

This morning I spent some time downloading music performed by Etta James. I could listen to her forever. Jerry over at Back Home Again dedicated her song "Fool That I am" to me in his Friday Sock Hop posting. After listening to it, I couldn't help wondering if he was thinking of my pathetic adoration for Craig Ferguson when he selected it. It made me giggle. I dowloaded Christina Aguilera's new song this morning too. Jerry doesn't share my love for Christina's music, but that's okay. There was KT Tunstall's "Suddenly I See" acquired as well. No one can claim my musical whims aren't widely varied, that's for certain.

Speaking of Craig Ferguson, I recently began getting a BUNCH of hits from a link to this site on an IMDb message board (that's Internet Movie Data Base) where they discuss a wide range of subjects, from the state of Fergiebritches' hair, what they thought of the suit he was wearing on a particular night, to critiquing his new set. Heck, who knew they even had message boards on the IMDb? So, thanks to whoever it was who posted the link and welcome to all you IMDbers who've stopped by as a result. Oh and, thank you for the kind comments on your board about my site. Personally, I don't do message boards, I always end up peeving someone off or in a fight, usually resulting in death threats (to me.) In case you hadn't noticed, I tend to be just a WEE bit opinionated.

The clock is ticking towards the Amazon going back to college for her senior year. It'll take me until Thanksgiving to get used to the quiet around here again. I'll probably start digging into the family tree again after she's gone. It gives me something to do, to keep from thinking, wondering and worrying. So be prepared for stories about James McPherson, the Scottish Gypsy, the De Glens, Basques, Melungeons and those lines which have yet to be discovered. I plan on digging a bit more into the Irish side this time and I'll probably drive myself nutty trying to find the ancestors of the elusive "William Joe Billy Davis." He seems to have just appeared in the backwoods here, rumored to be from Tennessee. Genealogy is an odd thing. I've traced some lines all the way back to 400 A.D., others, if you believe the theories, back into French royalty and beyond, all the way to the time of Christ. Yet, I can't get past my grandfather's parents on my father's side.

Go figure.

There's a gruesome funk rising from the general vicinity of the kitchen sink, like a nuclear cloud. I think that means I need to wash some dishes.

Ya'll enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Later Taters.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been adding tons-o-tunes to the iTunes wish list library I made. Haven't actually bought any in a long time, but I'll be prepared when I'm ready to shop. *g*

We should talk genealogy some time. I haven't worked on mine in ages, but I keep thinking I should get back into it. I'm such a lucky girl I have a Smith line and TWO different Jones lines! I'm saving them for last. ROFL!

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Where'd your cute little message box thingy go? I was gonna say hi!

Well.. pooh.

Anywho, waiting for the Melungeon stories and since I'm almost completely Irish (with a bit of the "shouldn't be there" Spanish on the side... I'll wait for the those Irish stories too!

kenju said...

A gruesome funk.....mine comes from the litter box.....LOL

Mahala said...

tori: OMG Smith and Jones!!! Bless your heart.

Idgie: I took everything off that I added since I started having problems showing up in searches. At least until I can figure what the deal is.

Kenju: I have one of those too lol.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! hardcore x film free free acyclovir cream

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. mature pissing women Need know butalbital Non nude pregnant teen girls Tire mulch us patents issued by japan lamborghini atalanta http://www.cellularphoneverizoncellphone.info/dallas-mover-moving-company-interstate-low-cost-mover.html Breast implants mexico Lesbian interracial pp09 Ferrari 412 t2 illinois moving services action moving services henderson moving companies international Focus nightday contact lenses removing a nt domain controller Provigil good