Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pray for a Cold Front

The air conditioner appears to have completely died. The blower comes on, it blows air, but the outside unit never kicks on. It hums and groans like a crotchedy old man, but that's it. It's only about 65 outside tonight, but it's 80 in here. We only have a few windows we can open, thanks to the cat and his obvious distaste for window screens. When it's acted like this in the past, all I had to do was leave it alone for a while then cut it back on and it would work fine.

I am a large woman. I don't do heat. My sinus' are planning a revolt as we speak, I feel it coming on. I'm not a happy camper.

I guess I'm going to have to break down and call someone and beg them to make a service call. Repairmen charge extra to come here, if you can get one to come at all.

Grrrrr.

I promise not to bitch and moan so much tomorrow. Well... maybe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck. I normally let the hamster deal with the air conditioned repair people. it took us three visits by a plumber to stop a drip. They kept fixing what I thought was wrong, without checking to see what else was wrong (if I knew what was wrong and how to fix it, I wouldn't have called a plumber.) But then I am slightly afraid of plumbing, you flood one house and no one ever really trusts you with water again (water was ankly deep in the kitchen and dinning room when I got home from work once upon a time.)

DG

poopie said...

Psstt..promise him a blow job.

Anonymous said...

Box fans at Wal-Mart $10. I bought one today.