Friday, July 01, 2016

I Need Anger Management


Lord ya'll. This lookin' for a job bullshit is about to kill me. In the past week, I've done two interviews, uploaded, downloaded, speed tested, brain tested, answered questions and been rejected three times.

The first was for the Wallyworld website. I made it as far as the second interview there before I got tossed aside. 

I don't know why.

 The next was for Frontier, who actually offered me a position, but because my upload speed is limited to .85 milli doohickeys or whatever, and can't make the minimum of 1. milli doohickey, I got rejected. 

Did I mention that Frontier is my actual ISP provider? I called them and asked if they couldn't do something on their end because I was going to lose a job opportunity.. WORKING FOR THEM.. because I had sucky internet service. "Jim" basically told me that naw, not in The Holler. That's as fast as you're gonna get. 

Ain't that just sucktastic. There are third world countries with faster internet than we can get in Frog Pond Holler. 

So today, I had another email from another company I'd applied to. They were "excited" about my resume! I went to their website and checked their internet requirements. My speeds were triple what they required. 

Awesome!

Of course they sent me to a website to test my computer connection, software, memory and all that jazzola, but I was confident because I had MADE SURE my computer was up to snuff. I clicked that "GO" button and sat back as the website worked it's magic. There were about 20 different things that they tested for. My computer and connection passed 19 of them.

Do you know WHY my computer didn't pass? DO YOU?

Because it's more than 6 years old.

AIN'T THAT SOME SHIT??????? Isn't that like... AGE DISCRIMINATION????

I finally just threw my hands up, hauled out the trash and cooked dinner. Then I sat on the couch with my spaghetti and played Solitaire on my phone. My brain needs to regroup. 

Also, since I'm bitching anyway, I'm in pain. My joints have gone all Rice Krispie because I've been without drugs for over a month. And every time my thumbs pop or my knee jerks the wrong way, I get pissed. Pissed off that for a few short months, I HAD good insurance. I HAD decent pay.

Then I think of sitting in that Pillsbury Doughboy looking mother fecker's office while he told me that while he wasn't saying I didn't have any skills, they just weren't the skills needed to perform my job the way they wanted it done... that I may have skills that might be useful to SOMEONE. 

And then?

Then I want to get in the truck, drive up there and plant my sizeable right foot up his ass, sideways, and jam it so far up that my toes are sticking out his nose. 

Because it's BULLCRAP.

I spend 80% of my time trying to talk myself out of being pissed off... and THAT pisses me off because I'm still letting that place control me.. and it needs to stop. 

While I'm on the subject, I'm still kind of hurt that the people I spent 40 hours a week with for the past 20 years can't even respond to a text message when I KNOW their phone is never more than six inches from their hand. 

Especially Lulu. I don't even try anymore. 

As for the drugs, I ordered about 3 months worth from India for about half what I'd pay for 1 month here. I've done it before, they're legit. 

Also, my blood sugar has been all kittywampus. Like.. ridiculously high. I could sit here and say I take my medicine and eat right, blah blah blah... and I don't know what the deal is, but that would be a lie. 

It's high because there's a half a sack of off brand Coco Krispies in the cabinet. 

So yeah, that's on me. 

I stress, I eat. I didn't get this voluptuous bootay munching on cucumbers.

Anywho...  I just needed to vent. I feel better already.

Ya'll have a good one and hang in there, it's almost the weekend.

Later Taters!


2 comments:

kerry said...

Shame on the person who would blame you for venting. Hope things turn around for you soon!

Middle Girl said...

^^^ DITTO ! ^^^