Saturday, April 09, 2016

Rocking the Jammy Jobs and Other Miscellany

The wind is blowing like a friggen hurricane, less the rain, in Frog Pond Holler today. The sun is shining but it's cold. I made an early morning run to the gas station in jammy pants, a t-shirt and flippy floppies. T.A. needed a Monster to get through her shift at the library. As soon as I stepped out on the porch, I regretted my wardrobe choices.

I'm tempted to fire up the kerosene heater, just to take the chill off.

I'm thankful for the weekend. You wouldn't think it would matter, being unemployed and all, but it never fails that every dang time I make a run to town for something, I run into someone from The Asylum. The other day, it was that ding dong receptionist that stole my feckin' parking spot. "Ohhh I've missed youuuuu," she said.

"Erm.. that's okay." My response didn't really make sense, but I didn't know what else to say. I don't miss her whining arse.

Mikey was there too, one of the welders. I love him to death and we tried to dish on the plant gossip, but with Wendy Whiner there, nosing all up in our conversation, it was hard to do. When she finally left, he gave me the lowdown.

Apparently, (I say that a lot don't I?) the GM was madder than a hornet when he was given the directive to fire ol' Gorilla Head. Undoubtedly, it was Dr. B's idea. That trifling GM needs to be the next to go, but it's not my business anymore.

I've been waiting patiently for word that I passed the background check for the work-from-home CSR job. I finally got the email the other day. I attend (virtually, over the innerwebs) an introduction/welcome seminar on Monday, then I do two weeks training. In the meantime, there is a metric ass ton of training crap I have to read. Also, I need to find the one phone in the closet. The job requires a landline.

Maybe those short stints working at night for HSN and Best Buy were The Universe's way of preparing me for this.

Everything happens for a reason.

I've also listed one gig on Fiverr and I have plans for a couple more. You can check out my profile here:







In the meantime, I'm writing soul sucking SEO articles and trying to teach myself transcription. I've found several companies that hire beginners, but only one that had clear, concise instructions. You don't make squat at first, but there's no test to pass. I did okay on the practice jobs, but I want to go back over the "style guide" again before I try any actual assignments. You're paid according to your rank, and your rank is determined by how many errors are found by the editors, so it pays to be as close to perfect as possible.

I also found a free version of a popular transcription program that allows you to slow the file down, making it easier to format as you go.

We'll see.

For today, I'm going to take advantage of this wicked wind and do some laundry. My granny panties should dry pretty fast.

Tonight, Aunt Moses is making a pork roast, deviled eggs and pinto beans. Green stuff probably won't make it to the table. It's the way of The Holler. I'm going to whip up a Pineapple Upside Down cake to take over too. It's just a box mix. Don't be impressed. She's cooking in honor of Big-Boobed-Cousin-With-The-Lazy-Eye's youngest youngin making it a whole week working at The Asylum.

It's the little things.

There's been other stuff going on. Stuff I'm not ready to talk about, but I will.

Just keep swimming ya'll. Embrace the journey.

And stuff.

Love all ya'll.

Later Taters!!!

8 comments:

kenju said...

You sound much happier - and I am happier because of it.

Mahala said...

Thank you! I'm starting to see the light. I hope your hand is feeling better.

poopie said...

Save me some deviled eggs

poopie said...

Save me some deviled eggs

tiff said...

When I see "CSR" I think clinical study report. So, is that what you're doing now?

Mahala said...

LOL! I should. Nopey, Customer Service Representative :)

Mahala said...

Poopie... I'll try, but I can't promise anything!

Travel said...

Take care, keep moving forward and you will get there.