Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Springtime in the Holler


Lawd ya'll, The Asylum is driving me nutso. The head engineer is pretending to be the sales manager and doing chit that we're not supposed to do, then dumping it in my lap to take care of and the GM is running up and down the hall clicking her pen and showing her ass.

In other words, it's business as usual at The Asylum.

Back on the home front, it's been a wild couple of weeks. I've had to make several extra trips to and from Big City, between Ma (who has gone completely 'round the bend again,) mammograms and checkups. I'm looking forward to the weekend when I (hopefully) won't have to leave the house. My grass is already high enough to camouflage Sasquatch. It's going to take me three days to wrangle my little mower through it all. I've got tree limbs hanging over the fence, one sticking directly in my chimney (probably not a good thing) and butt load of branches and crap to pick up.

And that's just outside.

Frog Pond Holler is buzzing with new life. The hippies have come out of their winter hibernation, smelling of ripe sweat and patchouli. The hillfolk have made their way down off the mountain for supplies after the long winter and the tourists have started trickling in.

The little grocery in the middle of town has started selling soft serve ice cream and burgers, giving the Grab and Go (and go and go) serious competition. The manager also makes a different variety of pudding every day. It's like banana pudding, but with strawberries, pineapple or Oreos. He only makes small batches,  so when there's pudding in the case, word flies around town and we all do the fat girl waddle down there to get some before the tourists snatch it up.

He's killin' my blood sugar.

Anywho, I guess I'd better get to it. I've already gone off on two people today and I've got a meeting in a bit. I'd better do some actual work first.

Ya'll have a good one.

Later Taters!!


2 comments:

Travel said...

Spring Time in DC, the subway is packed with clueless high school tour groups.

tiff said...

Yay Spring!