Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Home Repairs, Tired Trucks and Psycho Kittens

It's Day 4 of my four day break from The Cubicle Asylum. As usual, I've not accomplished anything I planned to. My ulcer/gallstone/alien pregnancy.. whatever it is, started doing the tango Friday night. It never got as bad as it was earlier in the week, but it was trying. I laid around a lot and watched 24. I'm on season 2. I don't remember why I didn't watch it when it originally aired on the bewb tube, something else probably came on in the same time slot. It works out well for me though, being limited to Netflix and Hulu for entertainment actually works out better. I watch everything "on demand" and I've got years worth of shows I didn't "catch" the first time around.

On Saturday, T.A. hooked her Xbox up to the t.v. in the living room, so we sat together and watched like normal people. I think she was concerned that I was staying in my bedroom all the time like Ma used to do.

I'm constantly terrified of going loopy. That chit's hereditary.

Speaking of Ma, I talked to her on Sunday. She sounds pretty good, although she said half the nurses had quit and had been replaced by all male nurses, some of which were pretty easy on the eyes. She didn't seem too tore up about it. I haven't been able to go see her for a while, with all the vehicle drama we've been having. Jolene is still at the garage, Cecil said it would probably be late tomorrow before she's fixed. He said all the connections to the ABS and stuff had rusted out and needed to be replaced, probably from driving through the driveway frog pond for the past few years. It's going to be expensive, but it has to be done. The payment juggling will be creative this month.

It's okay though. I am a pro. Coworkers are constantly amazed at my dollar shuffling ability.

The Amazon's car is still sitting at the gas station a half hour away while she tries to scrape up enough money to have it towed. Our favorite tow truck driver said if he had to go out that way for anything, he'd see if he could pick it up on his way back and charge her half price. He's good people. He doesn't really run a towing business anymore, he makes most of his money farming and can barely afford to put gas in the truck.

It's life in the holler.

In the meantime, T.A. has missed a lot of work. We live so far beyond where anyone else does that it's hard to find a ride. Missing work has made the scraping up of funds a little more challenging for her. I'll be honest with ya'll, I'm expecting her to come home any day now and tell me she got fired. If/when she does, we'll take a deep breath, regroup and plan the next step. It's no one's fault. Sometimes chit just happens.

Back at the trailer, all the critters are fat and sassy. We're fighting the fleas big time, I don't know where the crap they came from this year. The bunnies are still in separate living quarters, no one has explained to them that they're neutered and supposed to get along, although I have caught them relaxing nose to nose through the cages a few times. I've not been bringing them in as much, due to the fleas in the house. The flea treatment choices for bunnies are limited and hard to find. Grimm, the terrorist kitten is long, thin and wide open like a tornado when he's awake. He's still small for his age, still the runt, but he holds his own against Kitty Kitty 2 X 4 and can leap high enough to rest atop the shower while I bathe. He tries to kill anything that moves and if it's on a countertop, table or shelf, it's going in the floor.

I love him, but he's a huge pain in the booty.

If you catch him when he's staggering around, like a toddler who will NOT lay down and go to sleep, you can pick him up, hold him like a baby and rock him to sleep.

Yeah I know. I sound like the crazy cat lady.

Anywho, I didn't borrow a hand truck from work because I didn't have a way to take it back, so I'm not sure how I'm going to move the dryer by myself, but I'm determined to fix the washer today. The dryer may have to sit in the middle of the kitchen for a day or two, but it won't be the first time we've had to temporarily maneuver around large appliances.

That's the latest. Ya'll stay tuned and have a great one. We're hanging in there.

Later Taters!

3 comments:

kenju said...

Yep. hanging in is sometimes all you can do. Hope all gets better soon.

Mahala said...

If it doesn't get better, it'll get different :)

Anonymous said...

That's true, things keep changing and we have no control on which way things go so all we can do is react. Good luck with everything, I hope things take a turn for the better.