Monday, July 22, 2013

Everything Happens For a Reason

It was clear and warm today before The Amazon went to work. She got half way up the mountain before she had to turn around and come home. The engine was sputtering and she couldn't make it out of first gear. She was upset, I told her what I always do.. accept what you cannot change and everything happens for a reason.

Of course, inside I was thinking.. "Oh great. Now HER paycheck will be short. She's going to get fired from her craptastic job," etc.

Tonight, it's come a gully washer. Three roads in Frog Pond Holler are impassable. I just heard on the scanner that the main highway is flooded about halfway to the outskirts of Big City, where she works. If she'd gone to work, she never would have been able to get back home.

I need to listen to my own advice.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The universe is good. :)

Mahala said...

Indeed it is :)