Monday, May 06, 2013

Down In The Holler, Where Spring = Sludge!

It was crazy at The Asylum today.. but then, that's why it's called The Asylum.

Sparkles and I have been working hard to bring more business in, which we.. mostly he.. but we have. It's been hard to get back in the good graces of our long time customers after 7 years or so of Bossholio's reign. After all our hard work, today we found out that we're getting shanghaied when the stuff gets to the shipping dock.

Apparently Peppermint Patty never learned that the customer is always right.

One of our Canadian customers insists on sending their own truck, which is fine, but P.P. got impatient when it wasn't there when SHE thought it should be, so she stuck it on the first truck to show up. So then.. when the other truck showed up, a brouhaha of epic proportions ensued. Our very good Canadian customer got stuck with a $3500 freight bill. It should have been around $400.

I have a feeling that Peppermint Patty is fixin' to have a rude awakening. Mild mannered Sparkles may be easy to get along with, but he doesn't take a lot of shinola either. Heads are fixin' to roll and Sparkles? He'll just keep on smiling.

In other news....

My sludge situation continues. I had the bright idea to open the sewer tap the Leprechaun put in a couple of years ago and shove the plumbing snake down there to see if I could jimmy something or 'nother loose. I asked Sparkles, who ran his own Mr. Fix It and construction business the past few years, if he thought it was a good idea.

His eyes got big as saucers. "You might oughta not do that. Dependin' on where it's clogged up, you could open that thing up and cause a big poo flood." So yeah, I backed off that idea right quick. I came home at lunch and got a load of laundry together so I could stop at The Ol' Wash Tub (not even making that one up, thankyouverymuch) on the way home to do a load, which I did.

Did you know it's a friggen BUCK FIFTY to wash a load of clothes now? And to dry them too? Aww hell no. I washed a load then put them right back in the truck, brought them home and hung them on the line. The wind is blowing hard today, at least something should be dry by in the morning.

I am not above hittin' the short britches from the weekend (that's what we call capris) and wearing them one more day if I have to.

I don't want to do it, but I'm going to call down to town hall tomorrow and see if they'll send Barry down to look at it. I hate doing stuff like that, but I know it's in the town's line, it always is. I'll just have to hike up my big girl panties and make waves.

After I hung the laundry out, took a breather before mowing part of the lawn. I got about half way done before it occurred to me that dang, I'm tired.

I'll finish it tomorrow night. It ain't going anywhere.

Anywho..

That's the latest from the holler. My end of it anyway. We'll talk again soon. Promise.

Later Taters!

 **

3 comments:

kenju said...

I wish you the very best of luck with the clogged lines!

Anonymous said...

We just got our clog problem fixed a month or so ago, so I can feel your pain. Good luck, hope it gets fixed real soon.

Doral Oven Repair said...

This was lovely too read