Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Working Commando: A Job Without Bloomers

Lawd ya'll. You probably think I fell off the face of the earth. Well I haven't, you're not getting rid of me that easy.

So, the work at home thing finally panned out. I took five (count'em FIVE!) tests to prove my worth, began taking calls about two weeks ago and instantly forgot everything I'd learned. It's slowly getting better, but there at the beginning, I thought I was going to have a complete and total breakdown. Now I rare back in my chair while I suck up to little old ladies who are trying to squeeze just one more pair of pleather stretchy pants out of their credit card, like an old pro. (I am the sales ninja.) It's kind of fun, I get to talk to people from all over and trying to keep the average call time down to the goal determined by the powers-that-be, is almost like a game.

It's been challenging to figure out a schedule, what I can and can't handle after a day at The Asylum, how late to work, etc. Here's what I've decided: No more than two hours and no later than 10 pm on any given week night, preferably 6-8 when possible. On Fridays, when I'm off from The Asylum and The Amazon is home too, I try to get my two hours in before she gets up. If there are any premium hours offered later in the day (they can range from $8-$12) or if TA plans to be out, I'll grab a couple more. Saturdays are a repeat of Friday. I think I deserve at least one whole day off, so I've elected to make that Sunday. Sunday mornings are already booked with traditional Sunday morning things and that night is my main t.v. night. (A girl has to have some entertainment in her life.) "Once Upon a Time" at 8, "The Walking Dead" at 9 and "Homeland" at 11.

Priorities, yo.

So far, I can't take more than 2 hours at a time (I start getting twitchy after about 1 ½,) but you pick your schedule in 30 minute increments, so you can get 2 hours, take three off and work 2 more.

Now that I've got gotten it all worked out into something somewhat regular, I can hopefully get back to blogging and crafting a little.

I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU.. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

I mean, there's weird stuff going on at The Asylum, Sparkles is rattling some cages, Jasper WALKED OUT and like.. OTHER STUFF.

I'm going to try like hell to get us all caught up. Ya'll stay tuned. We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!!!


2 comments:

kenju said...

I'm glad you worked it out for the extra work, but we do miss you here, so get that update in the works soon, ya hear?

BetteJo said...

I was almost afraid to read this when I saw that title!