Weekends Are For Do-Overs

Have you ever had one of those days where you had a laundry list of things to get done, but every time you started, something was missing?

I was going to make bread. I had the milk starting to simmer on the stove, reached inside the cabinet for the rolled oats and.. empty.

Crap. And dammit.

I poured the milk back into the carton. Don't look at me like that, it was still cold.

I know, I'll play with my new phone, bought for the work at home part time job I'm praying I can finagle. I plugged it into the wall and picked up the receiver and listened. It sounded like messages from The Mother Ship. It's been forever since we had a house phone, so I'd forgotten about the DSL filter thingies. I know we have about six of the damned things somewhere. Hell if I know where. I looked in all the regular places. I eventually gave up. I can at least install the batteries, right?

Any other time we'd be rolling in AAA batteries. But not tonight.

The house is a disaster, Ayla's acting like she's hell bent on destruction and I'm so frustrated I could crap a pickle. I finally knocked the dog hair off one end of the couch, grabbed a diet Pepsi and plopped down in front of a Bones rerun.

I'll start over in the morning.

Later Taters!

Pin It