Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Of Nose Rings and Neanderthals

I think I'm having a mid-life crisis ya'll. I ordered myself a nose ring. For serious.

Okay so... it's a non-pierced nose ring. I said it was a mid-life crisis, not a total breakdown. No one is coming near my face with a needle unless they've been to medical or dental school. Even then, there'd have to be substantial justification.

Anywho...

The Amazon went for a drug test yesterday for a call center job. It's full time, with benefits and more $$ an hour, so that will be awesome if she gets it. It would also most likely be in the evenings, so she'd still be home with Ma during the day and the best part? She'd be right across the street from Wally World, so she could stop and pick up stuff before she headed home to the holler.

I sent my resume to another place this morning, for an office/admin. position. I'd have to drive to downtown Big City, but it would be worth it. The low end of the starting salary range is $7k a year more than I make now.

And I assume there wouldn't be a nasty old GM asking me to go home and put on a bikini so he could use my picture as the background image on his new phone.

Seriously.

Love. My. Job.

Anyhooter..

I should probably get back to work. And I need to go find the engineer who is banging on a big chunk of steel with a mallet... IN THE OFFICE... and kill him.

I work with Neanderthals. Apparently.

Ya'll have a good one. We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

kenju said...

The GM should be hung (on a rope).

Anonymous said...

He shouldn't be allowed to be around humans...Good luck with that nose ring. And the mid life thing. Hope the nose ring is the worse thing that you feel the need to do. LOL

BetteJo said...

Oh. My. God. He didn't?!!!

rennratt said...

I'm the first to admit that I say and do stupid stuff ALL OF THE TIME. However, GM's comment shouldn't go without some sort of accountability.

At the very least, he should be forced to sit through another episode of "Sensitivity Training, Asylum Edition".