Friday, September 24, 2010

Bubbles, Jobs and Pupzilla Goes Camping

Hydrangea

It's nice and cool in Frog Pond Holler this morning. Bossholio isn't here, so I took my coffee and snuck outside for a little fresh mountain air earlier. It was nice. I wanted to kick off my shoes and go frolicking willy nilly through the kudzu.

But then I spotted the squished baby black snake someone flattened on their way in this morning. It sorta killed the urge.

Anywho...

Things here at The Asylum are sorta plugging right along. I spend a chunk of company time every day looking for a new job. I've given a lot of thought to how things have gone with Bossholio lately and considered the fact that I've not had a raise in a few years, never had a cost of living increase when the guys out in the plant get one every year, lost my little $50 bonus checks for "quality incentive" from our biggest customer (but the plant employees still get theirs,) stayed through cutbacks, worked my ass off for the man on 32 hours a week, put up with Bubbles' infantile bullcrap and put off taking any time off, trying to be a model employee, and in return? I get hauled in the office, insulted, embarrassed and threatened with firing.

All for a little over $20K a year.

Yeah. That's bullshit.

The challenge with finding a new job isn't my qualifications. It's finding one that isn't too far up the road. There are plenty in Big City that pay considerably more money for the same type of position but by the time I haul up there in Jolene, the cost of gas will eat me alive.

So I take my time and I look. Every day.

On a side note, I heard that Bubbles just got a new job down at the county social services department. That ought to be a hoot. She's so judgmental and gossipy, not to mention her flair for drama. I wonder if she'll be telling clients about her crotch rotting coochie crud the next time she goes to the doctor?

In the mean time, I've been spending some time each evening completing writing assignments for Textbroker. If you want to make a little extra money, I recommend it. When you start out, you get a standard low rating, which determines how much you get paid per word, but after completing five assignments you can be re-evaluated. Mine was just increased, so I'm making from $10-$15 an article. One a day, a few times a week, adds up over a month and it's enough to make a payment or two.

(Textbroker.com isn't paying or otherwise compensating me in any way for endorsing their service. I've just used it and I recommend it. So there. Put that in your bowl bong pipe and smoke it.)

I should probably get off my butt and get some work done. I'm so sleepy, after Pupzilla woke me up at 2:30 doing the "I'm-gonna-get-right-in-yo-face-and-bark-for-no-apparent-reason-for-five-whole-minutes-and-I-don't-care-if-you-have-a-headache" thing.

Pupzilla learned to commune with nature and get in touch with her ancestral heritage at approximately 2:35.

I love my dog ya'll. But damn. 90 pounds of angry toddler attitude at 2 am is a bit much. Or maybe it was teenage angst. What is the equivalent to human years for a 10 month old pup?

Oh, by the way. I discovered my new favorite radio station while escaping reality in Second Life last weekend. It's Radio Paradise and they play this weird mix of Johnny Cash, White Stripes, techno, new agey kinda Gypsy stuff.. it's awesometastic. You can check them out here:






(Again, this I'm just sharing my totally unbiased, uncompensated opinion. They rock. That is all.)

On that note, I'm gonna go do stuff. Ya'll enjoy your Friday. We'll talk again real soon. Later Taters!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: