Friday, April 30, 2010

Counting Pennies

A coolness hangs in the air over Frog Pond Holler this morning, accompanied by the warm, spring sun. The two will spend the day in a gentle tug-o-war, the warmth of the sun over taking the gentle breezes, then giving in to let the nippy gusts take the stage.

I love spring.
~ ♥ ~

I had to scramble some money into my "other" checking account yesterday. I've been broke as heck this week to begin with, then yesterday I realized my domain fees were due on both my blogs and I'd forgotten they were set up to come out of my old business account, which had about $2 in it.

I am not one of those innerwebby business success stories.

Anywho...

I spent my lunch break digging through my unfiled snail mail until I found a $3 Ebates check and a $3 rebate from Ayla's heartworm pills. I still needed about $13, but I had $14 left in my regular checking. When all was said and done, rebates, ebates and a check, I finished out with a dollar in my regular checking and $0 in the other. Technically, I was a buck ahead of the game.

Thank the Lord today is payday.

Say what you want about the time it takes to fill out rebate forms and clip coupons, but it comes in handy. This week I used a coupon for a free 20lb bag of dry dog food and another for four free cans of  food from Pedigree. It's a special offer for people adopting a pound pup, which I thought was coolies. I got like.. $20 bucks worth of dog food for free.

Jolene (my truck) will be happy it's payday as well. She's a big ol' girl with a healthy appetite and she's getting kinda hungry. She could really use two new tires too, but I'm trying not to think about it too much and keeping my fingers crossed as I bebop on down the highway.

~ ♥ ~

I suppose I should get to back to the stacks of crap piled up on my desk. It's the last day of  the month and everyone's in a tizzy. If I can knock these orders out of the way, I'm thinking about taking off early. Me and The Amazon have to make a run to Lowe's to take those pipes back that Ma had Aunt Moses dump in our front yard, next to Mahala's Curative Pool of Natural Healing. We've got a bookcase from Wallyworld that has to go back too, one of the shelves was busted. I've been putting it off, the sumbitch is heavy as hell.

At least I'll get a head start on the weekend.

Ya'll have a booty kickin', finger lickin' good Friday. We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!!


1-800-BASKETS.COM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I feel ya. I was digging in the cushions and in the car looking for change to turn into dollars to make it till payday. As long as we get by its all good.

Crone and Bear It said...

I'm with ya sweetie - thank goodness tax refund arrived in mail - woo-hoo! Every little bit helps these days. Hugs!

tiff said...

You can't leave early today. Remember that 5 o'clock thing from the other day? Do ya?

poopie said...

bless our hearts hon...that's about all i can say on the matter

BetteJo said...

Oh how I hate having to rob Peter to pay Paul - I am SO not a good juggler! Sounds like you're a pro though!

Melissa Farley said...

I have been reading your blog a few weeks now, I wanted to tell you that I enjoy it very much. You hang in there and keep writing, you are a refreshingly real take on the blog world.

Mahala said...

I think everyone's in the same boat. We've made it this far :)