Friday, January 01, 2010

My New Year So Far

I think I've got the Rainbow Brite Multi-Colored Plague of Death which I most likely contracted this past week from my trashy big boobed cousin with the lazy eye's youngin, who is always here and always coughing, sniffling, snorting and.. eating.

There are substances coming out of my face that aren't normal.. in every color of the rainbow. And I can taste the rainbow. Maybe it's the Skittles Plague of You Just Wish You Were Dead. I suppose it's possible that it's a raging sinus infection or a cold, but I doubt it.

At 5 a.m. I woke up with a sore throat and nasal passages that felt like they'd been filled with concrete. I think I'm gonna die.

In other news...

The weather guy is predicting snow showers for today. Please excuse me if I don't jump up and down for mother freakin' joy.

I'm going to go rest now in a chemically induced state of semi consciousness and watch the Criminal Minds marathon.

Later Taters.

7 comments:

kenju said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Mahala. Hope you kick it soon.

bronsont said...

Hope your day improves quickly, and that you have a wonderful 2010 :-)

Unknown said...

*hugs* Helluva way to start the year. Been hearing several folks who've gotten off to a really crappy start (no pun intended). I'm already ready to throw this year out and go on to 2012.

Traci Dolan said...

UGH! Well, at least you're off for a few days... yes? Hope your new year improves. No where to go but up from here.

BetteJo said...

Blech, sounds awful. But - I think you've got the right idea - hunker down and ride it out. Hope it doesn't take long!

rennratt said...

That stuff has been making the rounds lately. I'm sorry you're sick!

I have found that a steady diet of Mucinex (generic is fine), Mucinex Full Force nasal spray, water, NyQuil and Lemon Ginger Tea seems to help. Oh, and Extra strength Sucrets for the throat, too.

I hope you feel better soon!

EyeInStein said...

You always were such a sissy, twirp.

Oh yeah, I hope you get to feeling better so I can call you more names.