Monday, December 07, 2009

It's Monday, A Day of Rest

Do ya'll remember the other day when I insisted that there would be pictures from the Frog Pond Holler Christmas parade today?

Well, I have failed ya'll again.

*hangs head in shame*

I was all gung-ho and ready to go on Saturday, but then we had that nasty winter storm warning and it was snowing buckets (but not laying) and blowing around like a blizzard so they postponed the parade. I ended up spending Saturday dong a kajillion loads of laundry. Ma has been hiding stuff again. If you'll recall, when she was due to come home from the hospital a few months ago, I spent most the better part of an entire weekend trying to get her room cleaned up.

Now? It's like it wasn't ever touched.

By Sunday morning, my butt was whipped.. and not in a kinky, stimulating kinda way either.

The parade was rescheduled for Sunday afternoon, but I just couldn't motivate myself to get dressed and walk to town. So.. there are no pictures. If it's any consolation, I'm told I didn't miss much.

I did get a second wind around 3 or 4 yesterday afternoon. I moved furniture from the bedroom to the living room, moved my bed, nearly killing the cat in the process, while Sammy and his 47 pound beagly be-hind lounged on my mattress like Cleopatra, and moved my computer and all it's junk into the bedroom. There was much vacuuming, emptying of aquariums and mopping of sweaty boobage.

I didn't finish, but I got damned near close.

Somewhere in between there I made a meatloaf.

Today, my butt is still kinda whipped, but I'm thankful to be at work where I can sit, sip coffee and listen the radio while I shuffle papers and peck away on the keyboard. I need the rest.

I hope ya'll have a good one. I'm gonna get to work and try to earn some brownie points.

We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!

1 comment:

kenju said...

I applaud all the work. I spent Sat, in my nightgown, in the recliner.