Thursday, July 16, 2009

Friends Of Maddie

I like to check a few blogs each morning when I get to the Asylum, to give the coffee time to kick in and get my blood flowing. Until recently, when I'd spot a certain Mommy Blog on my feed reader, I'd skip over everyone else and open the link, hoping for more pictures of the sweet baby girl with the huge blue eyes and incredible smile. I'd always call Lulu over to my cubicle and we'd oooo and aaaah over little Maddie Spohr.

One day in April, I sat at my desk and opened that link, looking forward to seeing that smiling face, calling Lulu over to ooo and aaaah and learned that little Maddie had left this world suddenly.

My heart was shattered. It's strange how people who don't even know you exist can become a part of your daily routine. I didn't mention it here and other than one comment, I sort of tuned it all out. Whenever I allowed myself to even think about the pain her family was going through.. well.. it was just hard.

As ya'll know, sometimes something good can be born of awful circumstances. This morning I learned about friendsofmaddie.org, a non-profit organization established to provide support to the families of critically ill babies.

It sounds like the perfect way to honor the memory of such a happy little soul. Ya'll should stop by there.

We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!

4 comments:

kenju said...

I will check that out soon. How sad that she is gone.

Unknown said...

Those feelings aren't strange at all! I almost married someone over the internet that I hadn't ever actually set eyes on! So...you're ok :)

My heart goes out to her family.

poopie said...

i know what you mean...i've lost several blogger friends over the years.

Traci Dolan said...

The Spohrs are amazing folks and Maddie was a gift. My heart breaks for them.