Feeling Froggy, Watching Flakes and Taking it Slow

Snow is peppering down outside the kitchen window. While it seems the rest of the country is readying itself for spring, the holler is a winter wonderland. Maybe it's part of the slower lifestyle down here. We just took our time getting around to winter.

I've spent most of the weekend fighting the head crud. I'm still sorta wonky headed and I sound like I'm on deaths door, but the sore throat is almost gone. I just sound froggy, like a serial killer going through puberty. Squeaky to baritone in two seconds flat.

I know my readers of the male persuasion can hardly contain their excitement while reading that. Oooo I'm sexay sexay.

We won't even venture into the descriptive territory that is my current appearance.

In a way, I'm sort of glad I've had an excuse to stay doped up and sprawled on the couch, in varying states of consciousness all weekend. It's taken my mind off the disappointing news I got at work Friday. And while yes, 32 hours is better than no hours, they could have at least let me get one whole paycheck before yanking it away again.

I was just so relieved to have my full hours back, it was like a kick in the teeth to have them cut back again so soon.

But.. I'm over it now. All I can do is what I can do and try to stay positive in the meantime. I know ya'll will excuse me if, occasionally, I have to waller a little here and there. I am, after all, only human.

When I got off work Friday, I discovered the Amazon at work. If you'll recall, she was supposed to be going to Big City on Friday, but Ma's insistence that someone fix the floor, plans be damned, put a stop to it. It was going to be her last chance to go for a while, she was working all most of the day Saturday and all day Sunday, then she's going to be watching the station for the next week or two while her boss has knee surgery.

I was all in a wad because she was down to one pair of jeans. I may or may not have had a boo-hoo fit at work when I went for a walk around the building.

Well... come to find out, the Amazon got her days mixed up. She worked Friday evening and had all day Saturday to run interference while Mr. Fixit spent day two on the floor, then go shopping.

Everything worked out perfectly. Someday I'll learn to just go with the flow and trust that things have a way of falling in to place.


Mr. Fixit will be back again in the morning to replace the molding strips he damaged. I hope to hell and high water Ma isn't paying him by the hour.

The Amazon picked up some more clay for me at Michaels. It was on sale for .99. I'm enjoying creating something with my hands again. I've missed doing beadwork, but the tiny seed beads I enjoyed working with so much became too difficult to handle with my jacked up finger joints.

The experience hasn't been without it's moments. The first batch of "faux leather" beads I made came out camouflage green and there are a few others who've been dubbed the "zombie eyeballs." The Amazon swears she's making earrings out of them. I think she's just trying to make me feel better.

Anywho, I'm going to go warm up a cup of coffee and watch it snow. And probably take another nap. Ma actually emerged from her cave to check on me this morning and offered to fix me something to eat.

She hasn't done that in years.

Ya'll have a good one. We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!


Significant Snail said...

"omeday I'll learn to just go with the flow and trust that things have a way of falling in to place."

I keep telling myself the very same thing!

BetteJo said...

I hope you let her fix you something to eat!!
Hope you're feeling better!

Inanna said...

I'd be happy to make something out of your claycreations! Yes, it was snowy again this weekend in West By Jeebus. I'm tired of the white stuff.

Travel said...

I hope you got some good rest and are feeling better.