Monday, December 08, 2008

Monday, Monday

It's a brisk Monday morning in the holler, the coffee is brewing, "Across the Universe" is playing on the boob tube for the upteenth time and I just realized that my nightgown is on inside out.

Oh well.. it's not like I'm going to see anyone I want to impress, right?

I made it to the Redneck Christmas parade Saturday morning, took one picture and my camera died. Luckily, the Amazon had hers with her and offered it to me, since she was supposed to be inside working anyway. I took lots of pictures, but they're still on her camera. Hopefully she'll get around to sending them to me before Christmas, 'cause I just know ya'll can't hardly stand to wait much longer to see the homemade cardboard SpongeBob costume and six identical versions of a live nativity.

(By the way.. I love Joe Cocker's roles in this movie, especially his soulful rendition of "Come Together" )

I made a marathon trip to Scary Hillbilly Town after the parade, including a stop at Sally's House of Self-Torture Beauty Supply and bought myself a silk wrap kit. I still miss my fantabulous ho nails, but as ya'll know, trips to the nail salon just are not in the budget right now. I was a little apprehensive, I had tried to give myself acrylics once or twice in the past and well.. things didn't exactly go as planned.

While shopping at Sally's, some punk ass little dweeb, trying to look all ghetto hillbilly with his cap turned sideways, expensive knockoff watch and lip full of snuff, came in trying to get some twenties for a hundred dollar bill. The little old ladies working there politely told him they couldn't do that, but he turned on the charm in that sort of frightening "you'll do what I want, won't you sweetheart" kinda way. I turned to face him and not-so-politely informed him that there was a bank over at the Wally World. I also suggested that he go there to get his change and that I didn't appreciate his interrupting my transaction.

'Tis the season for con artists and counterfeiters.

Anywho... I bought groceries from Wally World and made a few other stops. By the time I'd driven back to the holler, I felt like I'd been beaten with a 2 x 4.

The self silk wrap job ended up being successful, I'm kinda proud of myself and $11 beats the hell out of $25.

I need to take some books back to the library today and go by Big K's Home Supply for a piece of board to cover the spot in the hall where the floor is fixin' to give way. I'd hate to have to pull Ma up out of a hole on Christmas Day.

Ya'll have a bootay kickin' day!

Later Taters!

3 comments:

kenju said...

Good for you for kicking butt at the beauty supply; I bet that guy's $100 was about as fake as they come!

Travel said...

Keep Mom out of the hole.

DG

A Spot of T said...

Good job on the nails, I tried those once, went out and opened my vehicle door and next thing I knew the nails had popped off and were laying on the garage floor!!