Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lulu's Words of Wisdom

It's cool and cloudy in Frog Pond Holler this fine Humpday morning. I hope it comes an earth shattering gully washer before all is said and done.

I love big thunder storms.

Mr. G seems to have calmed down a bit and we're getting along much better. I've been sticking to warm tea, Jello and chicken soup for the most part. I was starting to feel hopeful about the whole situation when Lulu stopped by my cubical this morning..

"You'd better watch it," she warned, "if that thang's a'gettin' ripe, it'll bust and that nastiness will rot your insides, then you'll die."

Thank you Lulu for showering me with your cheer and positive thoughts.

"If you feel somethin' pop, holler at me and I'll git ya down to the ambulance hut. I don't wantcha to die over there and funk up the place. You know they'll never pay to get the carpet cleaned, things bein' tight and all."

It's good to have friends.

Bossman called me in to his office this morning so we could sign the papers for my raise. Don't get too excited, it's only 5%. It's always 5%. Every 18 months. Sure, there's the formality of a review where I'm graded on different aspects of my performance, but it always works out to 5%.

Always.

I'm not complaining, I'll take what I can get.

Bossman even went out of his way to tell me how much he appreciates my help with the computers and how dependable I am, etc. It's nice to be appreciated.

Anywho, last week I neglected to even write a humpday post and I know, as a result all ya'll walked around all day with NO idea of just HOW to hump it. To make up for it, here's a little humpday extra..



Let's hump it like Fergie... and ya'll have a good one.

Later Taters!

11 comments:

Me said...

Considering my husbands raises are between 1.5 and 2.5% every YEAR I'd say your raise ain't too shabby.

We don't even see the cost of living increase included it and he's the breadwinner for a family of five.

Makes me ill.

tiff said...

Yeah - raises are just about keeping pace with inflation, mostly.

It's the bonuses that are the hawt ticket, if you can even qualify for them.

But, like you say, we take what we can get, and be thankful for it. Heck, most days I'm glad I have a job, and to heck with the raises!

Anonymous said...

There are weeks that if I died around here, they wouldn't find me until the stink upset the people in the office above me.

DG

Lisa said...

That Lulu is a thoughtful one...

Jeni said...

Well, Lulu is right in that if "Mr. G" bursts, it does make you ripe for lots of complications with the need for surgery. So, best to check it out as quickly as possible to be on the safe side there.
The raise though -5% is still better than nothing! The last place I worked, the norm was 2.5 to 3% and one time, the boss there gave a dishwasher a raise that amounted to 1 penny per hour! Now how ludicrous is that! (Yeah, the dishwasher then turned in his apron and quit.)

Dianne said...

so many firms are freezing salaries! 5% is pretty good in this economy

LuLu is an ass!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

You get 5 whole percent EVERY 18 months?

Lucky!

Jessica Eiden Smedley said...

Congrats on the raise.

Will come in handy paying for Mr. G's surgery.

:(

poopie said...

I've NEVER gotten 5%...usually between 2 and 3 which doesn't even keep up with the cost of living.

I'm jonesing for a good thunderstorm too...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the raise! Here's hoping the next one is much higher. Here's also hoping that thing doesn't rupture or you're going to be in trouble. Seriously. I hope you get checked out.

gemmak said...

Dontcha just love the 'Jobes comforters' in this world! :o/