Friday, July 25, 2008

Scotts and Brits and Bears.. Oh My!

Did ya'll know that if you're out of your office for three days, chit will be piled to the ceiling when you get back?

There used to be a desk up under here somewhere.

Bossman scooted out an hour early and any ideas I had about getting caught up today went right behind him.. so screw it.

Before we dive in to the latest, greatest news around Frog Pond Holler and the Cubicle Asylum, allow me to take a minute to let ya'll in on some entertainment news. In the past I've said I'd never go to Vegas in July again... but I'd love to be there this week. If you're going to be anywhere near Sin City, Craig Ferguson will be appearing at the MGM Grand through Wednesday, July 30th. As usual, the CBS website is BORKED, showing the ticket availability date as "TBA" (to be announced) when he actually began appearing there LAST NIGHT. I seriously think the guy who is responsible for keeping the website up to date is a slacker, or some female intern with a crush on Mr. Fergalicious and a jealous streak. It's always screwed up.

"But Mahala, you've seen the Fergburger in Vegas before, what's so exciting about that?" I hear you ask.

Well, not only is the extremely masculine Craig Ferguson, with gonads the size of Texas, appearing in Las Vegas, but the eternally fabulous Eddie Izzard is appearing at the Pearl Theater tonight and Saturday night.

Oh what I wouldn't give to be there this weekend. I would spontaneously combust from sheer excitement.

*sigh*

Anywho.. moving on..

Today got off to a rocky start. Coming in at 7 a.m. for the past three days really threw me off. You would have thought I'd have no problem at all getting here at 8.

Of course, you would be mistaken.

I got up at 7:27. I managed to take a shower, blow dry my hair, apply minimal war paint, make coffee, stop at the atm, buy a biscuit and get to work at 8:03. I didn't look fabulous, but by golly I was here, dangerously close to being on time.

I am that good.

I never did really wake up. I'm still sort of moving on auto pilot. By noon, the shipping bitch clerk had given me a new nickname: Special Ed. I didn't argue with her.

Apparently it's genetic, because when I went home at lunch, I found the Amazon there. She should have been at work.. I thought. Apparently she showed up, gung ho and ready to face the day, on her day off.

That's my kid.

On a totally unrelated subject, Ozzy, our newfie/mutt/supposed wolf hybrid mix (think large, hairy and lovable) has been barking alot at night. This is completely uncharacteristic of him, I figured there must be a female somewhere nearby, giving off her amorous aromas, getting him all freaked out. Then this afternoon, one of the guys out in the plant, who also happens to be my neighbor.. as the crow flies.. said he'd seen two bear cubs wandering through his yard yesterday, just on the edge of the woods.

Now I wonder if that's what has Ozzy all excited. I mean.. a girly dog living nearby would have him barking all the time.. not just at night. A bear on the other hand, waiting until after dark to venture closer to the houses, would.

I'll be keeping my camera close at hand.. just in case. I would love to see a bear.. outside.. from a distance. Not like.. on my front porch, raiding my bird feeders and peeking in the window at me.

There was another bear sighting in town about a week ago, but that one was spotted by poor old Charlie, who's been legally blind for at least 20 years. Even he said he wasn't sure if it was a dog or a bear until he saw it climbing up the neighbor's apple tree.

Ah well. It's about time to head home. I'm looking forward to three fun-filled days around the trailer. Ya'll have a good one.

Later Taters!

5 comments:

Travel said...

You want to see Ferberger, I want to see a bear in the wild.

DG

Taco said...

Just assume the fetal position if the bears come after ya. And fart a lot...it'll make them think you're already dead. :-)

Significant Snail said...

Eddie Izzard!! What fun! Too bad about your 'special ed-ness' but welcome to the weekend.

tiff said...

Izzard and the Ferg. In one town.

Them Vegassers have ALL the luck.

Mahala said...

I KNOW!