Lacking in Haha

Good googedy moogedy ya'll. Someone must have opened the sales order flood gates when I wasn't looking.

I've racked up more $$$ since the moment Bubbles left for vacation last Thursday than we've done together in three months. As we speak, Tiny is holding a meeting with the guys out on the floor, explaining that we've been suddenly slammed with orders and although they're still on four day weeks, they're expected to hump it double time and get stuff out the door as scheduled.

That should go over like a Jenny Craig convention in a third world country.

In other news...

On Monday I recieved a call from the Amazon shortly after returning to work after lunch. She was upset, saying something was wrong with Spooky, my long haired Manx. She said the cat had gone into the dog's crate (not unusual) and laid down but seemed to be breathing funny.. which slowly turned to not breathing.. then tears.. and my cat was suddenly dead.

I couldn't leave work, we're seriously short handed at the moment and the only other person working in the office that day was gone to lunch. I told the Amazon to just wrap her up in the blanket she was laying on and I'd take care of it when I got home.

As I drove up to the house that evening, I saw that she'd dug a hole next to the spot where I'd just buried Scotty a short while ago. On a side note, if you ever need to dispose of a body, give the Amazon a call. Girl digs some seriously huge holes.

Anywho.. I buried my little tailess cat on Monday and I've been in a funk ever since. I've avoided sharing because I know that people don't really want to hear about my kitty cat drama, but I figured I owed ya'll an explanation for the profound lack of funny this week. Well that and I didn't want to turn into a blubbering moron at my desk.

So there ya are.

Moving on..

Terri over at Terri Terri Quite Contrary has awarded me with:




I have to say that the feeling is mutual. Instead of tagging anyone specific, I invite ya'll to cruise the list of blog links in my sidebar. They all have made my day at one time or another, be it once a week, once a month or every day.

Any of you who've visited this week from Terri's place, I swear that things are usually a little more upbeat than this. I'm sure I'm not making anyone's day at the moment.

I'll work on that.

Now that I have that out of the way, my plan is to come back later with the usual nonsense. You regular readers know how my plans usually go.. so don't hold me to it.

It's Humpday Taters. We're humpin' it double time here in the holler. Let's hump it together.